ECHO Echo, Echo, Echo

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gave the 500P some exercise yesterday on a live Honey Locust we were cutting for fence posts. This and Osage Orange are probably the hardest woods you'll find around here, this one was around 10" at the base and tapered to 8" in the sections I cut. The 500P and Oregon 20LPX were most certainly up to the task, handling it with ease. I may get a semi-chisel chain if I end up cutting a lot of hard and/0r dirty stuff with this saw.

The ringing sound at idle from the rim sprocket seems to diminish with use, I suppose it needed to just break in some. I continue to be impressed with the 500P. All I have done is tune the carb and put an 18" bar/chain in place of the original 16". It keeps running better the more it is broken in. Quite a bargain for under $300.00 shipped to my door.

Stubnail67

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Gave the 500P some exercise yesterday on a live Honey Locust we were cutting for fence posts. This and Osage Orange are probably the hardest woods you'll find around here, this one was around 10" at the base and tapered to 8" in the sections I cut. The 500P and Oregon 20LPX were most certainly up to the task, handling it with ease. I may get a semi-chisel chain if I end up cutting a lot of hard and/0r dirty stuff with this saw.

The ringing sound at idle from the rim sprocket seems to diminish with use, I suppose it needed to just break in some. I continue to be impressed with the 500P. All I have done is tune the carb and put an 18" bar/chain in place of the original 16". It keeps running better the more it is broken in. Quite a bargain for under $300.00 shipped to my door.

my cs 590 has that dinging.... even with the idle turned down...i was trying to hear if it was clutch area or from the exhaust... drove me nuts.... it also went away after an hour of use.... i will have to remember to see if it does it on start up next time cold.....my 490 did not make the sound at all...nor any of my other echos....

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 500P has about the most open muffler I've ever seen on a stock saw. No cat, not even a baffle. Just a spark arrestor screen and deflector on the exit. At first I thought the muffler was causing it too as auto engines with turbo mufflers can make the same sort of noise. I contacted McHenry Power and asked if they had any complaints about it. They said that is normal and should go away with use, which it did.

Grateful11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saws used here on the farm. The two Echo's a CS310 and a CS590 are the two newest saws, everyone is impressed with the new Echo's, but the little MS180 and the Husky 455 both still run great.

200v7o6.jpg

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kind of got into an oddball after work .Echo 370,cute little thing,didn't run right ,so I told a guy at work I'd tinker with it .Starved out at throttle,aha not enough high speed ,didn't see it ,where did it go? Had to look it up on Google .It was there all the time,freakin restricted adjustment .All the way wide open both jets ,seemed to fix it .I'll file the chain tomorrow and give it a little workout . Dang 'norester over east chilled things off a tad . 60's last week now down in the 30's again .:(:(:(

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, was it a free saw or you just fixing it for him? We are supposed to get snow tonight, 'course that's what they said about Friday.

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like it has easy start and a few newer features like stihl and huskys do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to have to pry the limiters off that little Echo I'm working on .Definitely a plugged main jet .It cleans up on a partial choke .I guess it's going to be the old drywall screw method .

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check out the new echo. Looks pretty sweet.
My BIL stopped at echo dealer and sent a pic to me.
206f17927f77dea71d35488110e14346.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

If I'm not mistaken, that is an Asian market Echo. They have been out for awhile, they pop up on Fleabay occasionally. Did the dealer say he is going to get them regularly, or was this a one time deal?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to have to pry the limiters off that little Echo I'm working on .Definitely a plugged main jet .It cleans up on a partial choke .I guess it's going to be the old drywall screw method .

The limiters on my late model Echoes just pull right off. The adjustable Zama carb I got for my Dolmar 5105 has limiters but they don't do a darn thing, you can go as rich or lean as you please. I think at least some of the OPE industry is quietly giving the middle finger to EPA.;)

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, I see. Looks to be a 45cc clamshell. If it is as good as the CS-400 then it should be a winner.