High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

ECHO Echo, Echo, Echo

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
7:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
needing a ignition coil for a john deere 55sv / cs 550evl the one with the lead not the coil next to the flywheel.it breaks down after the saw heats up here is the part number. 15662618330
its the one on the left..
s-l16001.jpg

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
8:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody know where i can get a full wrap handlebar for a 590 I've called echo and they want the serial number for a 620. i guess thats the only one that comes with a full wrap im a lefty. Thanks dave

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anybody know where i can get a full wrap handlebar for a 590 I've called echo and they want the serial number for a 620. i guess thats the only one that comes with a full wrap im a lefty. Thanks dave
@fordf150 can probably get you one.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
620 wrap bolts right on. just have to buy the corresponding hardware. wrap handle by itself is $96. not sure what hardware costs

Mathewsdxt75

Learning OPE member.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Has anyone ever successfully made a fuel line for a Echo cs 302s? My local guy had the fuel line in the tank, but I cannot find the one to the carb. The sharp 90 degree bend to the carb is where I am stuck.:confundio1:

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone ever successfully made a fuel line for a Echo cs 302s? My local guy had the fuel line in the tank, but I cannot find the one to the carb. The sharp 90 degree bend to the carb is where I am stuck.:confundio1:

That is a tight bend. As well, the inlet on the carb is pretty tight up against the fuel line routing hole in the carb box. I just used Tygon on mine. IIRC, I used something like 3/32" x 1/8". It managed to round the corner without collapsing much. I used a heat gun on the other end to shape a "bell" at the end of the line. I worked it onto the plastic barb on the tank fitting. If I were to do it again, I would use the Echo style 6mm black line. It rounds corners well without collapsing. I would have used a small straight barbed coupling to transition to Tygon and fit at the other end on the tank. I thought of trying a plastic 90 barbed coupling right at the carb box. But, it didn't appear as though it would leave much to attach a stub of line at the carb.

Mathewsdxt75

Learning OPE member.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for your input. I have no idea how long this saw has sat without running. I cleaned it up a little, rebuilt the carb and set the point gap. I was actually able to salvage a oil line off a bigger echo and use it for part of the line. It had a flared end that fit on the carb good, and it didn't pinch on by the bend by the carb box. I used a small piece of tygon to connect it to the fitting by the tank. It is somewhat temporary until I (if) I can find a oem fuel line. The one I made seems to work because it is back to life. A few carb adjustments and I runs good. And the oiler works:ARMS1:. Now to get it in some wood. Hopefully a tank or two with some good oil mix will do it some good.
Thanks again.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for your input. I have no idea how long this saw has sat without running. I cleaned it up a little, rebuilt the carb and set the point gap. I was actually able to salvage a oil line off a bigger echo and use it for part of the line. It had a flared end that fit on the carb good, and it didn't pinch on by the bend by the carb box. I used a small piece of tygon to connect it to the fitting by the tank. It is somewhat temporary until I (if) I can find a oem fuel line. The one I made seems to work because it is back to life. A few carb adjustments and I runs good. And the oiler works:ARMS1:. Now to get it in some wood. Hopefully a tank or two with some good oil mix will do it some good.
Thanks again.
i think those saws use 1/4 pitch chain.

Mathewsdxt75

Learning OPE member.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You are correct. I was curious so I measured the links. 1/4 it is. The chain and bar on this saw are like new. Not to bad for a free saw. :headbang:

Mathewsdxt75

Learning OPE member.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is interesting listening and feeling how a points ignition saw vs a electronic coil driven saw run. I can definitely tell the difference. Especially at idle.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is interesting listening and feeling how a points ignition saw vs a electronic coil driven saw run. I can definitely tell the difference. Especially at idle.
and when the points conk out or the condenser takes a dump a nova module can bring it back to life.
with points ignition it takes very little cranking to achieve a hot spark and they can bite just as bad as electronic ignition saws.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
got another john deere saw a 35ev or echo 330evl picked it up cheap and extremely dirty just how I like it. needs basic parts replaced runs and oils needs a sprocket and bar stud replaced along with a tune up and filters.

RocketRoss57

Taco Bell Aficionado
Local time
5:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it's a model 28 I'm gonna feel pretty silly. But that also shows how much I know bout echos.

Mathewsdxt75

Learning OPE member.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
and when the points conk out or the condenser takes a dump a nova module can bring it back to life.
with points ignition it takes very little cranking to achieve a hot spark and they can bite just as bad as electronic ignition saws.
And that is exactly what I did. I couldn't get this 302s to run good. I checked everything. Swapped carbs and stayed the same. So I was confident it was points or condenser. So I bought the little module. It wasn't easy finding a location to mount it, being a small saw. But I hot it in a safe spot. I reassembled it. Third pull and it spit. Fourth it fired up and ran like a champ. A little tuning and it will be a saw I can use for a long time. I want to get a couple tanks of fresh premix run through it to clean it up. I'm super happy with the results.

NormalT

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been talked about but I just heard the 600/620 will be $100 cheaper next year. Possible 600 being discontinued as well.

Any other info someone knows more than I?