Echo cs 590,600,620 porting/mod/build thread

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
8:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've already changed plugs with a new one. It will run for a couple noodle cuts then die. Then it will crank up then die. Does the same without the vent installed. Fuel line holds vac and flows fine. I changed the valve sheet in he carb with a tan one. No change. I don't have a new diaphragm but it doesn't leak either.

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tried again after sitting for 40 minutes. Started right up. Ran a couple noodle cuts. Stopped dead in middle of cut. Sounds like coil heating up and dying?

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Echo has a lifetime warranty on their ign coils on top of the 5 year warranty just so you know as some miss that .

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Red97 pm sent. Today is around 70f instead of 86 yesterday. Saw started on 2nd pull and sounded good. Cut through almost a whole tank of fuel no issues. Restarted several times after I shut it off. No adjustments were made since yesterday. Just picked it up off the shelf and it worked. Maybe it is a coil issue???

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Red97 pm sent. Today is around 70f instead of 86 yesterday. Saw started on 2nd pull and sounded good. Cut through almost a whole tank of fuel no issues. Restarted several times after I shut it off. No adjustments were made since yesterday. Just picked it up off the shelf and it worked. Maybe it is a coil issue???

Definitely sounds like a coil problem.

I am gonna try my best to get the coil found and shipped out tomorrow before I leave.

Larry Joe

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Working on a600p. I replaced the oiler side seal, intake boot, impulse, Piston and some other cosmetic parts. I have ,145 with the base gasket and leak / vac is good. Seems to have a fuel issue. It ran good for initial runs then stopped. Will want to start on first pull but not keep running. If I put. Fuel in carb it will run so I'm thinking carb. I checked fuel lines and they will push fuel if tank is pressure rized. Vent is clear. Impulse is hooked up and clear. I could try a carb kit. I have already sprayed carb cleaner through it and one cycle in my ultrasonic. I did check spark and redid the coil wire clip based on inline spark tester. Even unplugged ground from coil.
Thought s on checking carb for fuel pumping?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
My 620 started acting like that out of the blue one day. It had me puzzled for a bit, I was bucking 30" sycamore and she started cutting out. In long cuts the flywheel was moving enough air to blow the plug boot out, just enough to have intermittent contact. I wound up putting a little black RTV on to keep it secure. Mastermind built the saw and it absolutely kicks ass.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@psuiewalsh I took one in running like that I built 2-3 years ago....it was a 620 that acted like fuel issues. Vac/pressure test first found a bad decomp and thought that was it......still leaked. Found both crack seals leaking......but not bad. It still didn't want to run right as it would start and idle....for awhile then raving it, it wouldn't take throttle and would just almost stop in wood.....then it wouldn't idle. Replaced the carb and it runs like a champ again.
I did rebuild the carb, new lines and filter and all checked out but still had issues. I'm thinking it may be the carb.

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the coil from red97 and it appears to have the end of the plug wire tore off. I cut the end off mine and redid the clip. I have run a couple tanks ok. I wonder if there is an issue with the boot ends on these? It is awful tight. The last item I replaced on the carb was the valve sheet with a tan one. I plan on running more this week before I put red's on. I have pressure and vac tested the saw several times and it holds. Still not sure if it's carb or coil. It is supposed to be 90 this week so I should rule out coil.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I almost had a dealer order a 620PW for me to buy instead of the 372 XT, when I was looking at a new saw to buy.

But I think this 372 XT will be a beast once one of our friendly porting experts gets their hands on it. Plus there are a lot of Husky dealers here, not so many Echo dealers.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had a 600p by mmws for a while. I have a 461,a 262 also ported and I cut everything with the 600p. You would have to run it to get the jest of what I am saying. Echo makes a good product.

Just something about it. If you run a good 590-620 and you like it, it just stick with ya.

Hard to explain.

Comprodigy

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks to all for keeping this thread going! I am new on here, and am looking for a bigger saw than our old echo cs3450 16”. We do have a very old Poulan 3400 20” but it has always had problems running, and I will be looking to see what I can find about it on here...

From this thread I have learned that buying a new saw, it is worth the $100 difference between the 590 and 620. Instead of having to add 620 parts to wake the 590 up, the 620 has them already. I am going to wait to see if they go on sale this spring, and do a MM, remove the limiters and the black plastic piece in the air filter, and maybe do the hole plug mod to the carb... or if I can find a replacement part that would already have it deleted then that would be even better. Now to debate on the reg handle or the full wrap for $30 more...

:applaudit::clap::clapclap::clap2: :crazylick: