Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
590 Four years firewood use trouble free not counting chain adjuster. there's got to be some high hour saws out there anybody have any info.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
590 Four years firewood use trouble free not counting chain adjuster. there's got to be some high hour saws out there anybody have any info.
Can't speed for that model but the top handle 360t just hit 6 yrs old and it's running like a top around 250 to 300 days of the year

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't speed for that model but the top handle 360t just hit 6 yrs old and it's running like a top around 250 to 300 days of the year
That's excellent for a top handle they usually have a hard life. The ones i worked on have.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's excellent for a top handle they usually have a hard life. The ones i worked on have.
Mine gets used in tree, on the ground, handy on a loader, and lot clears and yes fell many trees as stupid as it sounds. Just a good all around saw that's been problem free. Was in no rush to break it in so I let it go at its own pace. I can't wait till I get to crack the block open. This winter it might get new fuel lines, carb kit, oil line maybe a intake boot too. I'd kinda like to se if I could find or make a flywheel lighter too

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Giving this one a bump , a lot of info in this thread .

I brought home a CS 600P Demo saw today and thinking on having some work done on it by an Echo expert :)
Or just doing a muffler mod . I don't want a high RPM saw , I want one that has lots of torque and holds the RPM in the wood . To me going beyond RPM specs is an engine failure waiting to happen plus it likely shortens the life of the saw .

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great I've been thinking about grinding a little and i bought some of those hl supply pistons on special might do a pop up don't know how much it will help though.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Giving this one a bump , a lot of info in this thread .

I brought home a CS 600P Demo saw today and thinking on having some work done on it by an Echo expert :)
Or just doing a muffler mod . I don't want a high RPM saw , I want one that has lots of torque and holds the RPM in the wood . To me going beyond RPM specs is an engine failure waiting to happen plus it likely shortens the life of the saw .

Get some run time on it, see if you think it still needs some "pep"

Great I've been thinking about grinding a little and i bought some of those hl supply pistons on special might do a pop up don't know how much it will help though.

To Pop up these, the base has to be cut almost to the max, and the squishband flattened out to match the flat band on the piston. Since these have a domed piston the pop up dosent change timing numbers.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Get some run time on it, see if you think it still needs some "pep"

To Pop up these, the base has to be cut almost to the max, and the squishband flattened out to match the flat band on the piston. Since these have a domed piston the pop up dosent change timing numbers.
I agree re tune the saw asap take limiter caps off and run 40.1 mix a muff mod and timing advance is fairly easy and bums the echos up nice. Take a before and after vid same chain same wood

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on a600p. I replaced the oiler side seal, intake boot, impulse, Piston and some other cosmetic parts. I have ,145 with the base gasket and leak / vac is good. Seems to have a fuel issue. It ran good for initial runs then stopped. Will want to start on first pull but not keep running. If I put. Fuel in carb it will run so I'm thinking carb. I checked fuel lines and they will push fuel if tank is pressure rized. Vent is clear. Impulse is hooked up and clear. I could try a carb kit. I have already sprayed carb cleaner through it and one cycle in my ultrasonic. I did check spark and redid the coil wire clip based on inline spark tester. Even unplugged ground from coil.
Thought s on checking carb for fuel pumping?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on a600p. I replaced the oiler side seal, intake boot, impulse, Piston and some other cosmetic parts. I have ,145 with the base gasket and leak / vac is good. Seems to have a fuel issue. It ran good for initial runs then stopped. Will want to start on first pull but not keep running. If I put. Fuel in carb it will run so I'm thinking carb. I checked fuel lines and they will push fuel if tank is pressure rized. Vent is clear. Impulse is hooked up and clear. I could try a carb kit. I have already sprayed carb cleaner through it and one cycle in my ultrasonic. I did check spark and redid the coil wire clip based on inline spark tester. Even unplugged ground from coil.
Thought s on checking carb for fuel pumping?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Did you vacuum test after seal replacement?

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. It holds 10 in vac. for at least 5 minutes with carb and rubber seal and muffler and rubber seal. Using impulse as test hookup. Impulse is not blocked as it will pass air both directions with plug out.

Last edited:

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check the carb body for warp. I have seen 1 that never ran correct cause the carb was bad.

What are your settings? These can be pretty far from normal settings. I think .5-.75 out on H And 1.25-1.75L seems to he pretty standard

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also check the main nozzle to make sure the check valve didn't pop out. Some had a rubber disc that will pop out with a stream of carb cleaner.

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have tried from .5 to 2 on low. It cranks then dies. 1 to 1.5 on high. I'm still not sold on carb vs coil. I ran 3 -4 noodle cuts then it just stopped. I'm not ruling out coil as it starts better after sits. Spark checker is bright when grounded to fins. Dim when inline with installed plug.

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would check valve disc leak fuel when sitting? I'm not seeing a drip inside carb

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Coil may be suspect, or even the plug.

If you lose the valve, they tend to flood out.