High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo cs 590,600,620 porting/mod/build thread

Larry Joe

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hmm, they must have raised the entire port in the 620 jug..

As for the muffler, under the factory deflector. There is a large square recess, with a 1/2 ish tube, above that tube is plenty of space to open, providing a nice stright shot out. Also remove the bottom portion of the factory deflector, seems like plenty of outlet.
I already opened it up. Holes around tube were opened with 1/4" carbide burr. Deflector is just the outer shell. It has to appear stock. People are really vigilant in the area it will be used most, due to the Butte fire. Was checked for spark arrestor and fire pump a couple of weeks ago. Running my 2171 the little fire house down the road heard me from about a mile !

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is one I done
f9e842690ea1c51dd6b2383c75ccd1ea.jpg
took the inside out dang sounds good.

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good deal Red I think I did a little not too much.i got another in the shop that is in the other side off the muff
6eaecb2a2908d44fbb99b72fbe741789.jpg

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mufflers are great. I save em up till have 4 - 5 to do. Then for the next few days I'm pulling steel slivers outta the bottom of my feet, my *a-hole, my dog's *a-hole........and so on......
That is the truth if I ever heard it don't matter if I wear gloves or not I still get me hands full.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ended up at .054 on Larry's 620, but that was using a new base gasket.

I'm the 590 I took .045 off.

Today I grind.....

Not sure what to do with the muffler. The early 600 just had an open can. :(

Well.... was it all in the piston?

bmwpowere36m3

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is this a good thread to discuss 590/600/620 related mods? I tried to use the search function... maybe its me, but not getting a single thread related to these saws.

tla100

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Could you tap the hole you epoxied and thread it and put a small allen head plug in it. Sorry if that was discussed earlier.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is this a good thread to discuss 590/600/620 related mods? I tried to use the search function... maybe its me, but not getting a single thread related to these saws.
Welcome.
Bout the only 590 thread on here. Feel free to ask whatever ya want.

Could you tap the hole you epoxied and thread it and put a small allen head plug in it. Sorry if that was discussed earlier.

Possible,running the drill/tap too far could junk the nozzle in a hurry. pretty sure a dab of jb will last for years.

I'm gonna try and find the part # for the nozzle and get a few. Much better fix imo.

(Edit) the hole I put epoxy on, didn't need to be restricted. It was all in the nozzle.

bmwpowere36m3

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I've been itching to mod the 590 more... tinker-itis

What are worthy, relatively easy mods to perform. Porting for the moment (besides sending it out) are on the back-burner. I've only deleted the inner-portion of the exhaust deflector. I see some pretty aggressive MMs, but at what point are you just generating more noise? Or do you really need a ported saw to take advantage (freer exhaust flow).

off the cuff:
  • more aggressive MM
  • BG-delete
  • port-match muff/gasket/head (no alteration to port timing/width)
  • possibly deck a few thou off the jug (if it can be done reasonably $)
  • remove spark-plug washer? (reduce volume)
anything else?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What are worthy, relatively easy mods to perform. Porting for the moment (besides sending it out) are on the back-burner. I've only deleted the inner-portion of the exhaust deflector. I see some pretty aggressive MMs, but at what point are you just generating more noise? Or do you really need a ported saw to take advantage (freer exhaust flow).

off the cuff:
  • more aggressive MM
  • BG-delete
anything else?
Those are good ideas, other than removing the plug washer. I think I'd leave it on just to allow for a little vibration resistance. I'd also add to your list the possibility of a timing advance. Some saws like it, some don't

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

off the cuff:
  • more aggressive MM
  • BG-delete
anything else?

Muffler mod like any of the examples here.

On a 590,

Don't think the gasket delete will gain anything at all. Without raising the exhaust back up to at least stock.

Just make sure the muffler/gasket is slightly larger than the port flange.

Again, simply raising the comp won't gain a thing in a 590, ex, and transfers are already low.

I would leave the plug washer too.

bmwpowere36m3

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Muffler mod like any of the examples here.

On a 590,

Don't think the gasket delete will gain anything at all. Without raising the exhaust back up to at least stock.

Just make sure the muffler/gasket is slightly larger than the port flange.

Again, simply raising the comp won't gain a thing in a 590, ex, and transfers are already low.

I would leave the plug washer too.

As far as the MM, I want to avoid ridiculous noise for no apparent gain. I wonder if its even worth bothering beyond the deletion of the inner plate in the deflector , haha.

Its funny how opinions on BG-delete are very different among users who've reported it "elsewhere". Could very well be placebo...

Last edited:

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as the MM, I want to avoid ridiculous noise for no apparent gain. I wonder if its even worth bothering beyond the deletion of the inner plate in the deflector , haha.

Its funny how opinions on BG-delete are very different among users you've done it "elsewhere". Could very well be placebo...

I posted in your other thread as well.

The 590,600,620 while being almost identical on the outside.

The timing in the jugs is different, only slightly on the 590-600 quite a bit on the 620.

Imo the 590/600 won't gain anything measuable from just a gasket delete.

Getting the tune dialed in, will show more of a gain in the wood.

These get nasty loud in a hurry, I would do just a 1/4-5/16 hole in the flat under the tube if you are worried about the noise. Should be a good compromise. Noise vs flow.