Echo CS-3450 Walbro WT 402b

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
2:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have an Echo driving me crazy. Went through this carb several days ago. Put it in the US cleaner, put a brand new kit in it. Replaced the fuel line, filter and put everything back on. Cranked up, tuned and ran very well.
After sitting a few days, I went to crank it and it acted like it was flooding (dumping fuel). Back to square #1.

On another note I have been unable to locate an aftermarket clone, and the dealers here nearby want 70+ dollars for a replacement. Any idea what the saw is worth (to merit a $70 replacement carb??)

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was it dumping fuel or just acting up? I had carburetor that had to retuned after the carburetor sits overnight. It one of the reasons I don't release a 2 cycle that I rebuilt for a couple at least just in case. That carburetor really needs to pressure and vacuum tested. Needle seats can leak on pressure, main nozzle check valves don't seal on the vacuum.

As far as value they were listed at $290 retail back in 2001. Now as to if your saw is worth it; it all depends on the condition of the saw and the owner's willingness to have it repaired.

Also you can the Walbro WT-402-1 on Ebay for under $60 including shipping.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Did you replace the needle? Also polish the seat with some baking soda and a q-tip.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you replace the needle? Also polish the seat with some baking soda and a q-tip.
That works sometimes but other times it is the actual seat that leaking I had 2 Walbro, 1 Zama, and 1 chinese to be leaking around the outside seat to carburetor mating area. all in the last 3 years.

I also had Zama carbs on Stihl units to have bad main nozzles. Most time you can't prime them but I know of two that would flood out running; hence, why I suggested pressure and vac tests.

1990Husky262

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
a bad primmer bulb can cause it to flood while sitting but usually once you can get them to run then it will run lean because it is sucking air up through the primmer because of bad check valves.