GoldMember
Local time
7:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
It still is!
All I know is I've put food on the table for my family with mine for a few years now. It's been a dependable saw. I don't really use a 60cc saw much, so I don't have a 620, but I've run enough of them to tell they are just as well built.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The stock 362 was almost 2 seconds faster in a single cut comparison with a stock 590, same chain, self feeding only. Then when I force fed them the 590 was 4 seconds faster, seemed to have a little more torque too, but the 362 had a couple short bogs, and seemed like the MT leaned it too much towards the end.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Should never have to lean on a cut. Let the chain do its work.
Just prematurely wears out bar and chain.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wasn't leaning hard. I just meant I added extra force over just the powerhead weight. Even in the self feed cut the 362 seemed to lean out at the end and lost a little power. I'll get more run time on it, calibrate it and check the plug color.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Idk I just run each saw where it makes its best power in its powerband.... wherever that is. I know by feel as soon as it hits the wood how a particular saw wants to be ran. The same can be said for tune. I tune them where they run best, wherever that is.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That said, with a good chain you shouldn’t have to push hard to get the best cut times. If you have to push hard to get a good time, it wants more chain.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That said, with a good chain you shouldn’t have to push hard to get the best cut times. If you have to push hard to get a good time, it wants more chain.
Keep in mind the rpm factor, some woods seem to like lower rpm. I tried making a chain more aggressive once so it would self feed as fast as I force fed it through Ash, and it never got there. The cutting performance started going down at a certain point. You want some control left over too in a work saw.

Tomorrow...if it's not raining, I'll test a stock 550 against a stock 362, if I can get the same chain to work on both. The 550 made a 14s (same as 362) cut in the same log as the 590 vs 362 test. Depending on how it does, I'll then try a ported 550 vs 590 vs 362 comparison video .

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do get what your saying with chainspeed and rpms in certain situations. Too much chainspeed just skips over the top of the certain hardwoods like ash. Makes dust...doesn’t dig in and make chips like torque/leaning on it a bit does. Have to play with chain filing to suit the individual saw, stock chain leaves a lot on the table. A blank slate.

Big cut

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The air filter material is highly restrictive, but the large surface area of it makes it not very restrictive overall. I think I'll still convert at least half the filter to nylon mesh. Large surface area filters should be good in the sense that the airspeed through any one part is slow, hopefully so slow that gravity and inertia will prevent the saw dust from getting stuck in the filter, at least the heavier stuff.

View attachment 204336 View attachment 204337
On my 620 the black piece inside the air filter had large injection mold flaws inside the carb side hole. 1/8 ridges at about 2 oclock 10 oclock I ground them smooth with the dremal. I also port matched just the the height of the air filter outlet to the round section of the black thing. The muffler did not match the exhaust port on mine either. Hole was 1mm tall but 1 narrow on the muffler inlet. Also cut the inner deflector off the muffler. IMO I would not mess with the muffler tube or drill bypass holes. That muffler was designed to extract the exhaust gases thru that pipe. The japanese engineers are not stupid. Quick easy manufacturing flaws to fix.

Last edited:

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only drawback to the 590 is the odd bar pattern that the 20” bar is only 70 dL, not your standard 72 dL. But thanks to Tim, @Cat 525, I bought enough 70 dL chains from him to last the rest of my life.

Just cut more wood longer! Keep you from croakin!

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm back from a long vacation. Youtube just deleted my channel today, so there won't be many more comparisons, except in writing.