High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo 550EVL intake options?

jaed.43725

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any modded or aftermarket intakes for Echo saws, or saws in general? My factory one likes to get plugged up, and now I have to clean the whole carb. I dont use the saw professionally, just when needed.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
By intake, do you mean the air filter housing before the carb? May just have to get creative about sealing everything up and pre-filtering. Late model B&S engines such as my Power Built 10.5 often use a flat foam panel pre-cleaner that would be dandy for saw use.

jaed.43725

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
By intake, do you mean the air filter housing before the carb? May just have to get creative about sealing everything up and pre-filtering. Late model B&S engines such as my Power Built 10.5 often use a flat foam panel pre-cleaner that would be dandy for saw use.

Mine uses one of those flat foam filters as well. I cant get this thing to start, and I am sure its the carb getting some wood dust in it.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine uses one of those flat foam filters as well. I cant get this thing to start, and I am sure its the carb getting some wood dust in it.
Probably old gas I’m guessing since you said you only use it when needed.

jaed.43725

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Probably old gas I’m guessing since you said you only use it when needed.

I got it to start. Had to disassemble the carb cover, clean everything with a nylon brush and a little scraping, then hit it with the shop-vac. Had my kid hold the throttle open, and kept pulling. Ran good after that.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got it to start. Had to disassemble the carb cover, clean everything with a nylon brush and a little scraping, then hot it with the shop-vac. Had my kid hold the throttle open, and kept pulling. Ran good after that.
Might’ve been flooded

jaed.43725

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Might’ve been flooded

Ya, who knows with these things. I would still like a different intake system though. One that keeps the dust out better. I'm not sure how it would be done though.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya, who knows with these things. I would still like a different intake system though. One that keeps the dust out better. I'm not sure how it would be done though.
V stack and foam filter might be a possibility