Echo 355T

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
3:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i needed a top handle. I wasn't ready to drop the money for a new pro grade. And I wasn't having any luck finding a used one. And the only ones I have experience with where the 200-201TC's. All that said I gave Randy @Mastermind a jingle. He didn't hesitate. 355T. So here she is.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then I opened up the air box a little. This little piece is under the air filter.
Also under the starter cover. I modified the black air diverter that's around the flywheel as it was partially blocking where it blows air into the air filter box. IMG_1019.JPGIMG_1020.JPG

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's a lot smaller cc but if I could get it to run like a ported 421. I maight be scared to run it one handed. :risas3:
I am just wondering because I think the rear handle version would be neat but having the 421 I wouldn't want to much overlap. Lol the life with cad

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I repaired two of these last year from two different tree removal companies. One operator broke the chain brake in half. The other practically destroyed the cover under the top handle and that led to ruptured fuel lines, a bent clutch lever, and broken wires. These run the full length back to the carb. Be careful of that top cover. I think Echo cheated on the strength and when that thing goes, the rest will follow. Note that the CS330T is actually better designed.

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
4:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I repaired two of these last year from two different tree removal companies. One operator broke the chain brake in half. The other practically destroyed the cover under the top handle and that led to ruptured fuel lines, a bent clutch lever, and broken wires. These run the full length back to the carb. Be careful of that top cover. I think Echo cheated on the strength and when that thing goes, the rest will follow. Note that the CS330T is actually better designed.

Same issues i had. They're real good running saws and run right outta the box, but they aren't really durable for everyday use. If Echo put some magnesium on it and toughened the plastic up a little they have a winner.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 330T with a 14" 3/8lp as my only saw for more than 10 years. Darn thing never let me down. Finally sold it to a member here and I shouldn't have.

The only issue I had was the front AV handle bolt vibrating out. I'd still keep cutting like an idiot and I tore the intake boot after about 8 years. Replaced and back in business.

I'd recommend one to anybody.

Echo's are the Honda of chainsaws. Lack sex appeal but rarely let you down.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Say guys, I just got in a Stihl 193T today that runs terribly. It has no top end power at all at WOT. The thin membrane above the fuel lines and choke lever is the same as the Echo 355T, a soft plastic part scarcely thicker than two layers of aluminum foil and clipped into place. Lousy engineering in my book, and I wonder if Stihl copied Echo or vice versa.

In addition, the junction where three fuel lines meet is near the primer bulb. My conclusion is that top handle chain saws built 10 to 20 years ago are better designed than this. Then they installed a strange small spark plug right next to the fuel lines and made it a PITA to change out. This is progress? Give me a break.

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then I opened up the air box a little. This little piece is under the air filter.
Also under the starter cover. I modified the black air diverter that's around the flywheel as it was partially blocking where it blows air into the air filter box. View attachment 58521View attachment 58522
Is it possible to remove that piece completely. Or does it need to be there hence drilling the holes in it.20180224_190439.jpgIf you remove it it seems to allow direct path for air to the carb.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it possible to remove that piece completely. Or does it need to be there hence drilling the holes in it.View attachment 113800If you remove it it seems to allow direct path for air to the carb.
I’m sure you could take it out. Sounds like a good opportunity for trials. See what performs the best. :)

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fan cover is designed to suck sawdust out of the air box, not to blow air into it.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First I opened the muffler a bit. View attachment 58520

I open the hell out of my 360 rear handle exhausr, pry the cover out a good ways, and removed the cat and baffle. Huge difference.
168347438.bQ6wrHfH.361wes2.jpg

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here I am tuning it. This is the saws first run, complete with muff mod and cat removal. Still a bit rich at the end, but it will do for break in.