E3 spark plugs

A100HVA

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i've had a few saws come in from lowes with e3 in them,they either pop & bang or won't spark... i just put in bosch i've been use'in for the last 38 years.aint had no trouble yet. all though i did see my first center electrode that was broke but did not come out of the center porcelain!!...not bad for that brand for so many years.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow. Cool. Thanks.
Any who tried one yet? Any feedback?

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told by my Oregon dealer that Oregon plugs are made by Champion. Enough for me to not try them. NGK has my vote. I have some E3 plugs laying on shelf that came in project saws. I replaced them and have no experience with them. Just what ive read here and there.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stihl has used Champions in the past, as well as Husky.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran Bosch for years, many years back. But switched to NGK now.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A recent Stihl 'Pro' equiptment purchase I got a OEM Bosh plug with 'made in China' :demon7:. I still have half a box of German Bosh plugs left. But of what I can buy now its either Denzo or Champion. NGK I get when buying new husky but they have broken and given me grief on a few occaisions, don't like em.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I stopped using Bosch @ 2000 because I came across a lot of bad ones from Stihl, those were made in India, I just switched back to Champion.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been told by respected mechanics and engine guys: A spark is a spark, no fancy electrode shape is gonna change that.

That all marketing hype. Just like the Bosch 4+ Electrode plugs. It's not sparking across all 4 electrodes at once.

The only thing tbe E3 and 4+ will do is spark just like any other plug but in an erratic positions of least resistance.

Like others have said of the E3, that's a large piece of metal hanging above the piston waiting to break off.

I used NGK in my vehicles, saws and snowmobiles.