USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
2:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ain't been myself lately fellas...about 3-4 months worth now. I can't *f-wording stand it!

Some of you may remember my sister had a couple of colonoscopies, full hysterectomy, within a couple of months timeframe. Found cancer from the onset..she's been going through some pretty aggressive chemo/radiation over many weeks. She's give out...she can't take it no more...she's been through hell with it!

The end game is nothing I want no part of...but I ain't the one making the decisions and choices. And as a defenseless 6'2", 220lb Marine...I have no choice in the fight. I always thought I could fix all...got my Marine ass handed to me on this one...

I'll be back fellas at some point...just understand!

*f-word cancer right up it's mother *f-wording *a-hole!

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ain't been myself lately fellas...about 3-4 months worth now. I can't *frenching stand it!

Some of you may remember my sister had a couple of colonoscopies, full hysterectomy, within a couple of months timeframe. Found cancer from the onset..she's been going through some pretty aggressive chemo/radiation over many weeks. She's give out...she can't take it no more...she's been through hell with it!

The end game is nothing I want no part of...but I ain't the one making the decisions and choices. And as a defenseless 6'2", 220lb Marine...I have no choice in the fight. I always thought I could fix all...got my Marine ass handed to me on this one...

*f-word cancer right up it's mother *frenching *a-hole!
Sorry to hear this Jason, pm me if you want to talk buddy.

astnmacgto

Earn a living with white powdery substances
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Once in my life I have seen my grandpa cry. He was a farmer and all around manly man, nothing he couldn't fix or take care of. Always had a grip on the world.

When my grandma was diagnosed with cancer it hit my grandpa almost as hard, he became irritable and pissed at the world (more than he ever was). I know that he got this way because all of his life he has been able to right wrongs and in this case he was totally helpless and it drove him crazy. He cried the day she died and he's still bitter about it to this day.

I only share this because I want you to know that your sister will be in a better place when the lord calls her home. Just be happy she's home instead of bitter because she's gone.

Cancer blows..... prayers your way

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been in this spot with my Grandpa Dad and best friend. It the worse feeling ever. But I can tell you this much you gotta put your stuff aside and make tje best memories you can while time allows. Otherwise you'll really be kicking your self.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I work with cancer patients for a living, and sometimes the treatments side effects are more then some can bare, we always try to support what ever decision the person makes, in the end to me it comes down to a question of quality of life vs quantity of life, is it worth going thru all the pain of the treatment for an extra 6 months of misery? Best advice is just enjoy what time you have with them and support their decision, we all may have to make our own someday.

raumati01

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work with cancer patients for a living, and sometimes the treatments side effects are more then some can bare, we always try to support what ever decision the person makes, in the end to me it comes down to a question of quality of life vs quantity of life, is it worth going thru all the pain of the treatment for an extra 6 months of misery? Best advice is just enjoy what time you have with them and support their decision, we all may have to make our own someday.

Much respect to you for your work man .

raumati01

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ain't been myself lately fellas...about 3-4 months worth now. I can't *frenching stand it!

*f-word cancer right up it's mother *frenching *a-hole!

That's awful for your sister, she's lucky to have a brother like you.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear that Jason. I dont work directly with oncology patients, but life and death decisions every single day that I go into work. It sucks, especially when you see the helpless looks on their loved ones faces. My sister had a severe form of melanoma, but luckily was treatable. Had a 26 year old co-worker who had lung cancer, never smoked a day in her life. Had to get two lobes of her lung removed. Yeah, it sucks. But Justin had the best advise, be there for her when she needs you, because she will be there for you when your time comes. Remember the good times and keep them close to your heart, I dont think she would want it any other way. There is nothing wrong with a little crying, cleanses the soul. I remember the day they told me my father only had a little time to live. Went outside the hospital and for the first time in my life I cried like a baby. Had this little punk of a kid go by me and I could see him laughing at me. Man I never in my life wanted to hurt someone like I wanted to hurt that kid. Then all of a sudden the hand of God was placed on my shoulder and I experienced peace with the situation. Didnt make the pain go away but I accepted the fact that I would be seeing him later on the other side and to be strong for my family.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sorry to hear your news. Ironically, our phone rang at 5:00 AM this morning and we learned that my Mother In Law just lost her battle with the big C.

She had been in hospice for several weeks and it was really draining my wife. Sort of like watching grass grow in reverse.

Best of Luck with you and your sister, and try to be strong for everyone. I always try to remember what my Dad used to say "Life if for the living". Carry on.

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My aunt Jean was the woman everyone wanted to be and held the family together with a firm hand yet would do anything for anyone....

In June of 2009 while my wife and I were visiting as we always do, everything appeared to be normal. Family get-together's, normal activities with her, my uncle, and other family members, no red flags....

By July the word came down that Jean had cancer and after a number of tests she had made the decision to Live Her Life... So the wife and I decided we were going to make Monthly Trips to TN.

August was good...
September was good (or so we thought).
October and when we arrived in TN the decision was made to Stay to the end.

Now I am not one to be emotional over death. To me its a natural part of life. As such I found over the years that my Strength is in supporting everyone around me and being able to have a clear head to come up with solutions to problems when everyone else is not able to do so.....
Don't get me wrong, in my own way I am a very emotional person... Baby Birth, Birthdays, Graduations, etc... I have been known to try and hold back tears.
Some think this is my curse, others are glad I can be who I am.
Me: I have my strength in this area and all I can tell Anyone is to find yours... When you find it, you will know it and others will see it.

We ended up living in TN for almost 4 weeks on the Back Porch of the house... Aunt Jean in her hospital bed in the house could not handle Any Sound or Smell. The only time someone went into the house was to use the bathroom and when my wife and I went to Bed...

Tennessee weather in October can be... Not pleasant at times. This year it was raining almost all the time. So we built was has become known as TentCity within the family.

If you are interested in how to survive for 3 weeks on a back porch during times of need, I am making the web site I created (while in TN) available to you all....
If it was not for all the family, friends, neighbors coming together and helping to support us all, this would have never worked....
They don't call Tennessee the Volunteer State for nothing....

The web site is an Interesting Read with Great Pictures and a few Videos.

http://tentcity.mcmn.org/

Best of luck to you and yours my brother... Take it one day at a time, come together with family and friends, and all will workout for the best........

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These experiences show the true meaning of family, friends and love during a period of up's and downs, all the while knowing what the end result is going to be.

Some might call it crazy, others insane.
We call it "The Joining of Families"