Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Here is one he was in the process of making for Jeremy @Adirondackstihl 346xp
b485937f23a75841e3b6f8a1c90839de.jpg
afec3641d1f9b785cd808fe308ea1d19.jpg
Awesome!! this work will be one of my text-book-examples. Thank you very much for taking your time for me Dan, appreciate it very much.
Chy

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
These pipes are small in diameter giving me an anxiety if they get too much vibration/resonance while in operation. So I added a support plate in their middle, and in between her body.

Fortunate was there are a couple of bolt holes at the top edge of the oil tank, of which I was able to take advantage as the support points for this plate, so that each of their support points consists triangles to the other two.

Muffler_Support_00_1.JPG

Muffler_Support_01_1.JPG

Chy

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
She has come to me with several issues, amongst them the biggest disappointment to me was that she had a crack on the brake post.

Crack_ChainBreak_front.jpg

To my observation the brake lever seems it bumped this front edge of the post badly when the brake band corrupted.
Lever_Bumps_Now.JPG

Understanding this part to be very important for the safety, tried to make a brace for this part with 2.2mm thick steel sheet.
First let's think about the pattern,
Pattern_00.jpg

Pattern_01.jpg
Here I want to shear this pattern and design ;
View attachment 77839

This is a copy of the real pattern, so any one who wish to try this can print it and cut them out, then stick to a sheet metal.
Pattern_02.gif

Last edited:

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow just found out bout these threads last night.....!!! Very crafty work and great job finding work arounds to keep going. This site thrives with people just like you loving saws and being a crafty guy. Keep jt up great work!

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow just found out bout these threads last night.....!!! Very crafty work and great job finding work arounds to keep going. This site thrives with people just like you loving saws and being a crafty guy. Keep jt up great work!
Hello smokey, glad you like her, and thank you for your words.
Not so crafty as to deserve your words, only want to give another life to these old saws, lol.
Chy

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Awesome, and these beautiful seams of the welding fascinates me a lot.
Chy