Dominant saw V4 371 build

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
4:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Project on hold now. Just found issues with the 371 cylinder I was using. So i checked the cylinder with a flashlight and found scuffing which seemed excessive for the coulple minutes that i did run the saw. Pulled the jug and piston is still fine thankfully, but i found a spot on the intake side of the cylinder wall above the transfer ports that looks like the plating is wore thin. Stuck the ring in the cylinder at that point and you can see a slight gap between the ring and the wall in that spot with a flashlight. Also I ran my fingers along the transfer port bevels and a very small shiny flake was stuck like a sliver in my finger. Bevels were very sharp and rough in spots.

I think my low compression problem is due to a worn out jug that i thought was good. Now just gotta figure out funds for a new cylinder

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
7:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Project on hold now. Just found issues with the 371 cylinder I was using. So i checked the cylinder with a flashlight and found scuffing which seemed excessive for the coulple minutes that i did run the saw. Pulled the jug and piston is still fine thankfully, but i found a spot on the intake side of the cylinder wall above the transfer ports that looks like the plating is wore thin. Stuck the ring in the cylinder at that point and you can see a slight gap between the ring and the wall in that spot with a flashlight. Also I ran my fingers along the transfer port bevels and a very small shiny flake was stuck like a sliver in my finger. Bevels were very sharp and rough in spots.

I think my low compression problem is due to a worn out jug that i thought was good. Now just gotta figure out funds for a new cylinder
Glad you found it before ruining that fancy piston. Good catch. Wish I had a cylinder sitting around...

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well with some great help from my local saw buddy, he donated a new 372 p+c to my cause. Thanks William Opelt.
I have been fighting with Celiac disease and just been loosing it all together, loosing weight like crazy and not trying sucks. No energy to hardly even get out of bed at this point, so waiting on gastrointestinolgest to run an endoscopy seems to take forever.
On to the finer points of life, I compared squish with the new jug vs old 371 jug, within .002 so that's great, but also have to use a gasket again. It's slow for me to get anything done at this point so bear with me.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well with some great help from my local saw buddy, he donated a new 372 p+c to my cause. Thanks William Opelt.
I have been fighting with Celiac disease and just been loosing it all together, loosing weight like crazy and not trying sucks. No energy to hardly even get out of bed at this point, so waiting on gastrointestinolgest to run an endoscopy seems to take forever.
On to the finer points of life, I compared squish with the new jug vs old 371 jug, within .002 so that's great, but also have to use a gasket again. It's slow for me to get anything done at this point so bear with me.
Health first. You can play with garden equipment later. I hope the Docs can get things sorted for you soon. Playing the waiting game sucks.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Health first. You can play with garden equipment later. I hope the Docs can get things sorted for you soon. Playing the waiting game sucks.
Thanks much. This health thing has drove me into a bad state of anixety and depression, I find it therapeutic to operate on a saw, it really lifts my spirits.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks much. This health thing has drove me into a bad state of anixety and depression, I find it therapeutic to operate on a saw, it really lifts my spirits.
I totally understand. Tinkering on a saw can be a nice way to release some stress. Let’s you focus on something else for a bit.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting part about all this, according to my buddy willy and my own observations, husqvarna is packaging a single ring piston with all these lower cost P+C kits. What I mean by lower cost is the cylinder kits made after the major price drop. Havent seen a "cheap" as in a 150 dollar factory kit with 2 rings yet.....I want to hear what other folks are finding?
Kit part number 503626473 says fits 362, 365, 371 and 372

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take care of yourself man, hope your health improves quickly.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Dammit hopefully the doc get it figured out quick!

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm so tired and and mindless anymore,.
So I got that saw put together, took me 24 hrs, my god so anyways eventhough squish looked good, with a head gasket the popup is hitting the combustion chamber. I'm at a loss on what to do now, the world isn't on my side anymores

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Atleast I think. I think the popup is hitting the chamber that is, I just dont know, but sumthin is hitting at top dead