Dolmar 64xx/73xx/79xx series, smurfs and solo 665/675/681 thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FYI guys I did go back and flip that clamp around, spring was starting to come out of socket from being pushed too tightly during movement. I was bored and decided to widen the intake and exhaust a bit. I also did the “solo” mod to the lower transfers that mike lee mentions, in addition to my previous mods to the saw. I’m happy with the gains and will see how it holds up.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FYI guys I did go back and flip that clamp around, spring was starting to come out of socket from being pushed too tightly during movement. I was bored and decided to widen the intake and exhaust a bit. I also did the “solo” mod to the lower transfers that mike lee mentions, in addition to my previous mods to the saw. I’m happy with the gains and will see how it holds up.
Solo mod?

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would you say it's your favorite saw?

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FYI I’m not claiming to be a saw porter or professional. Just having fun here. You never learn if you don’t try it.

thats where I ended up too, I want to do it myself and learn and make it all mine.

I am having the squish cut by someone with a lathe but I cant help that. I dont have a mandrel either.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m surprised with the compression these saws have without a base cut. Easy 185psi ish. I can only imagine with machine work. That said, the decomp works great on these, easy starters.

Last edited: