Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have bought multiple Dolmar's, wasn't able to let any of them go! :icon12:

Never owned a Stihl nor Husqvarna, they just don't call out to me.
Although Croatia is Stihl country, they are losing footing due to their over inflated prices.

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I ran the 7300 this weekend in pine, dead and alive, cotton wood dead and alive. I used the stock HD set up and I alternated to my k&n. Ran a new loop of exl full comp with 20" bar. It's a dolmar so the saw ran very well in any case :D

Differences:

HD-

Able to much more easily bog the saw off the dogs. Throttle response seemed just okay, this probably just the way the carb was set to get it to run with both filters. I wasn't gonna dick with them that much it was 27 degrees and blowing. I'll mess with it this week in 75 degree weather.

K&N-

Throttle response was immediate, no lag, no bog, no wait time. I could still bog the saw off the dogs but it was much harder to do. Saw seems to idle nicer with the k&n as well. At some point I just left it on and cut this way, as I knew what the result would be before hand.

This saw is stock for the most part, I believe the muffler has been done, it retains the cage piece. No timing advance or port work is done.....yet.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
12:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
K&N-

Throttle response was immediate, no lag, no bog, no wait time. I could still bog the saw off the dogs but it was much harder to do. Saw seems to idle nicer with the k&n as well. At some point I just left it on and cut this way, as I knew what the result would be before hand.

This saw is stock for the most part, I believe the muffler has been done, it retains the cage piece. No timing advance or port work is done.....yet.

Pictures and part numbers for this k&n filter you are using

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
0BB1B333-3BDB-4FDC-99B4-4310F2C281B1.jpeg CCEC4004-2B73-4F1D-B86C-D6D2B0A6665D.jpeg 68DCA599-38D9-4257-B8F8-B8D2A9F5D567.jpeg BB11F3FB-6308-4D35-B480-42536A2214AC.jpeg Here’s what I’ve done to put a K & N on a couple of my saws.
Pictures not in right sequence.... This is the second one I’ve done. This one is three piece with a small v stack off a 266 set up. I fit that inside the air cleaner and epoxy it in and to the base of a HD filter. It all mounts the same as stock inside with the wire clip. This will direct the air where it’s needed better I feel. It all fits under the HD top cover which will help protect the filter fro damage of being uncovered.
First design just had the flat base and no v stack inside. Both saws seem to like the new set up and breath easier.

Last edited:

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pictures and part numbers for this k&n filter you are using

K&n ru-2550

And I made my own velocity stack that runs into the HD elbow. This is a render I did, but this doesn't contain all the features of the prototype I did in plastic(acetal).

aGlkDbm.png

Polemans setup is also pretty bad azz.

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ohhhhhh..... I like that!!!! Time to find material and spend some time at the lathe.... I like your design!!! You were seeing the same thing I was with the bell on the K & N and streamlining flow!!!!!

My next one I'm gonna try and lay the transition down so the elbow is straighter. But that requires a custom elbow. I was hoping the drop in style was the way to go but I think a better elbow might help.

I always start the venturi lip up in the filter just a bit. That's why mine appears to have more height.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I became frustrated with the bar oil cap that I couldn’t budge with my fingers and had to walk to get my wrench. Not a big deal but since I had just dyed some aftermarket caps for my 2172 black, I thought why not? I had an extra set and boiled some water and RIT dye and an hour later they are black.

Another member here had used some Husky caps before so this isn’t a new idea.

Greg Newman

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I became frustrated with the bar oil cap that I couldn’t budge with my fingers and had to walk to get my wrench. Not a big deal but since I had just dyed some aftermarket caps for my 2172 black, I thought why not? I had an extra set and boiled some water and RIT dye and an hour later they are black.

Another member here had used some Husky caps before so this isn’t a new idea.

+1 on the hard to budge bar oil cap. Put Husqvarna flippy caps on my 6401 and never looked back.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+1 on the hard to budge bar oil cap. Put Husqvarna flippy caps on my 6401 and never looked back.

Are they a direct crossover/fit or is there modding involved?

I am another that no habla Hooskie.....

What model do they come off of?