Dolmar 64xx/73xx/79xx series, smurfs and solo 665/675/681 thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
5:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to start an oil war, but have you guys noticed any power difference with the 7900 with different oil ratios? 50:1, 40:1, 32:1?
Only ran 40:1 so far like everything else I do. Shouldn’t be much of a difference unless you don’t retune it for the different ratios.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of these guy's take multiple saws
One For each diameter of wood.

I’ll have two or three saws on me that I’ll have different bar on. But usually it’s the same so I can swap chain. I can’t seem to make up my mind which saw I want to grab either sometimes for the day. It’s either gonna be a 79xx series, the 572 or one of our 372xp’s. Those are my favorite for what I do. Depends on the mood. Once in a rare while I’ll sling a stihl.

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That’s funny. I always have at least 2 saws with me. One down in the brush, and one at the pickup for a spare.
I always took a back up climbing saw for sure and maybe an extra medium size around 60cc. Never spent many days felling all day like you guys do. Clearing jobs most times involved 35-42cc to clear the bs brush/saplings or a handlebar pole saw :) easy on the back. Then grab the big saw and see how many I can get down cleanly to finish up most of the brush. Third 200T lives at the chipper. Medium saw to finish the day slashing and putting stuff all the way down. If there is a day two out comes the bow to make firewood or load logs and clean up. Ymmv

The Dolkita would fill two positions if need for limbing up big oaks, maple and such.
200 T and a Dolkita 7900 with a couple of bars is probably a pretty damn hard to beat combination to be a two saw plan. Bit heavy in a tree but the third, back up saw, could be a 64xx wif a short lite bar.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I always took a back up climbing saw for sure and maybe an extra medium size around 60cc. Never spent many days felling all day like you guys do. Clearing jobs most times involved 35-42cc to clear the bs brush/saplings or a handlebar pole saw :) easy on the back. Then grab the big saw and see how many I can get down cleanly to finish up most of the brush. Third 200T lives at the chipper. Medium saw to finish the day slashing and putting stuff all the way down. If there is a day two out comes the bow to make firewood or load logs and clean up. Ymmv

The Dolkita would fill two positions if need for limbing up big oaks, maple and such.
200 T and a Dolkita 7900 with a couple of bars is probably a pretty damn hard to beat combination to be a two saw plan. Bit heavy in a tree but the third, back up saw, could be a 64xx wif a short lite bar.
Yeah, that sure is an application for multiple saw combinations. Sometimes we don’t know what to expect when we go start a unit, so we bring some options and decide when we get there. And we don’t want to go home early if we breakdown, so a spare saw is a must as well.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My standard two saw plan is a 200T 16" and 64/7910 with 24",28",32" bars and multiple chains for each. Can't be beat in my mind considering what I got in them. Sure I could go buy a ms462 and I'd be happy come time to take it up in a tree, but certainly not at the checkout counter. I'm still fit enough to haul the dolkita around... for now.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My standard two saw plan is a 200T 16" and 64/7910 with 24",28",32" bars and multiple chains for each. Can't be beat in my mind considering what I got in them. Sure I could go buy a ms462 and I'd be happy come time to take it up in a tree, but certainly not at the checkout counter. I'm still fit enough to haul the dolkita around... for now.
And as long as You haul Your Dolkita around You will stay in shape and maintain Your ability to do so. ;)

Dolmar/Makita 64xx/73xx/79xx FTW! :cool:

DSC02063.JPG

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And as long as You haul Your Dolkita around You will stay in shape and maintain Your ability to do so. ;)

Dolmar/Makita 64xx/73xx/79xx FTW! :cool:

View attachment 196121
Generally that has been the plan.

I need my plan to come together. Who should I call ?...you know anyone that could help ;)?...

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Generally that has been the plan.

I need my plan to come together. Who should I call ?...you know anyone that could help ;)?...
Nate, Steve, Andrew, Dan come to mind - I am certain there are more. ;)

Depends what You are looking for, Dolmar or Makita, Red or Teal. :)

I set my PS-7900 up with my 36" B&C setup, planing on bucking some large beech tomorrow for a coworker.
Car is all packed for the morning, 5 saws total including spare chains. :cool:
There are only three or four logs left, otherwise I'd take all my saws for a ride. :D

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You wouldn’t be as happy with the 462 wearing a 32” bar either.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Mason. Full or semi chisel?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ported 390xp with a different bar and chain. Not apples to apples, not fair at all. Just for a rough idea the power of the dolmars.
53 seconds

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. You do the 064 as well...
FTW! LOL