Dolmar 64xx/73xx/79xx series, smurfs and solo 665/675/681 thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
10:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got one of those coming as well. I am a parts hoarder. I have seen where people take the plastic nub off and put a little piece of wire or a screw on it. Does that work well?
I’ve never tried that. Mine have yet to fail me. I did mod the oiler to output more on my 7900 and a 7910 I did for someone else. The 79’s are a little stingy. I found its not really needed on a 6400 because of the slower chainspeed (less friction) in the cut despite having the same oiler. If you dig through the early pages of the thread you’ll see how I modded it, I think I posted pictures.

Last edited:

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve never tried that. Mine have yet to fail me. I did mod the oiler to output more on my 7900 and a 7910 I did for someone else. The 79’s are a little stingy. I found its not really needed on a 6400 because of the slower chainspeed (less friction) in the cut despite having the same oiler. If you dig through the early pages of the thread you’ll see how I modded it, I think I posted pictures.
Copy, I’ll check it out. It has been oiling the 32 really well in my opinion. It does have the stock coil.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Copy, I’ll check it out. It has been oiling the 32 really well in my opinion. It does have the stock coil.

Just caught up with a few pages , some fantastic information; and true statements coming out It is an underrated saw congrats @CLEARCUT
For getting one and joining others who are earning a crust with it

Another minor thing that does happen if you wanna be picky the top right
Silver cup on the handle AV mount does rub the cylinder on some saws
A little grinding does the trick

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed that too but I realized in the end I think it’s designed to do that to limit travel especially with the saw held on its side. The end of the cup needs to be long enough to grab where it mounts to limit travel. Also need to mount the spring holder on the handlebar in the correct orientation. I popped the new spring quick having it the wrong way. Saw really needs a 2nd av limiter still though.

Last edited:

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just caught up with a few pages , some fantastic information; and true statements coming out It is an underrated saw congrats @CLEARCUT
For getting one and joining others who are earning a crust with it

Thank you. I was advised to do that as well. I ground it a little bit and it hasn’t been a problem.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I noticed that too but I realized in the end I think it’s designed to do that to limit travel especially with the saw held on its side. The end of the cup needs to be long enough to grab where it mounts to limit travel. Also need to mount the spring holder on the handlebar in the correct orientation. I popped the new spring quick having it the wrong way. Saw really needs a 2nd av limiter still though.
That was a thought I had as well. I just barely ground it down, and it seems to still be keeping the spring where it needs to be pretty well.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a 372/390 for example, they don’t break mounts as much... because they have more AV limiters and stronger springs. You can bend a bar before a mount on a 390. It has a extra spring over the 372 setup. The setup in the 390 is incredibly strong compared to the dolmar, but it is noticeably heavier with not a whole lot more power unless you are running a big bar all the time. People can’t seem to understand you can only reduce weight so far before you sacrifice strength. I think the dolmar could compromise with a second limiter and it wouldn’t add much weight. I guess there will always be people who will find a way to break anything though...

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stop raping Your saws, set them up with sharper chains, don't pinch Your bars and You'll never come close to stretch the springs to a point where the AV limiter comes into play, lest break a spring. ;)

In my case when set up with my Iggesund Forest solid 36" bar the AV limiter is seeing purpose when carrying the saw around and when starting the saw, NOT when bucking logs!

Just saying, it is all too easy to blame the tool/equipment without analysing ones practices.

DISCLAIMER:
I am NOT a professional logger.
I don't know s#it.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks for the help with the stickers

b711f75dd5b4abd3dc93d24a75fa32b0.jpg