High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Dolly, or Shin?

Comprodigy

OPE Member
Local time
1:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I am looking for a larger saw than what I currently have, an 18 year old echo 3450 and a 35ish year old Poulan 3400. I’m thinking a 60cc saw, and have narrowed it down to ether an Echo(Shindaiwa) 620 or a Dolmar(Makita) 6100...

I would like input on how these saws compare out of the box, and after basic mods like MM etc. for the time being the only mods would be ones I can easily do myself, for the same reason I have excluded Husky, Mac, and Stihl saws from my choice, cost.

If you feel the need to throw those in to have a benchmark rather than a direct comparison, that’s fine. But please try to keep it to the saws I am looking at as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never ran a echo but the 6100 is a really nice saw. Pulls a 20" bar nicely, I would say a muffler mod helps a little not a bunch like some saws. Very fuel efficient, good AV and filtration all with adjustable carb if that matters to you

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just prefer to be able to go to the shop and pick my parts up, my dealer sells 4 brands and ordering anything from Makita takes forever. I do think the performance is probably better on the Dolly though

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would like to give an echo a try someday. I think they are built well. My grandpa had one my uncle has now, man would I like that saw!

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just prefer to be able to go to the shop and pick my parts up, my dealer sells 4 brands and ordering anything from Makita takes forever. I do think the performance is probably better on the Dolly though
Not bad ordering from Carl, he is knowledgeable and knows what you need most of the time without P/N's. Then they show up at your door