PAST Dodgegeek GTG July 22-24 Jul 2016

Sarahdodgegeek

Creepy Treemonkey Groupie
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sarahdodgegeek created a new event:

We're hosting our Chainsaw buddies for a GTG from Friday through Sunday! If you've been before, you know how much fun we can have, if you've not been - check it out! Anyone can come.
The schedule for the weekend:
Friday - come on over, feel free to camp on our property or stay at one of the local hotels (If you're from out of town, look at the town of North Branch- closest hotels) Hang out, compare saws, talk saws, cut wood.
Saturday - Morning - breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day, let's not kid ourselves.Commence to talking saws & cutting wood into smaller pieces.
Midday, swe'll head up to the Chisago County fair at Rush City. (1 town north of us) We have been hosting a chainsaw racing event for the last 3 years there. It's informal, non-timed, meant to be fun. Classes include Stock & Modified, all sizes, and antiques. It's developed a decent following at the fair, we'd love to have you there so we've got a big crew! And if you've got your family with you. they have a whole county fair to walk around if they get bored.
Afternoon / evening - check out the fair & head on back to the Dodgegeek's house (Andy & Sarah) for more chainsaw talk & camp fire & things & stuff.
Sunday - Sleep in, recover, whatever you need, and head on home.
Hope to see you there! Please indicate if you'll be attending, so we're sure to have enough stuff!

Last edited:

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Sarahdodgegeek or @dieselfitter

What city should we be looking for a hotel room in?
North Branch is closest to our place, there's a couple hotels there- and only about a 10 minute drive to the south. The Americinn is the most up to date looking.
Cambridge is about 20 minutes east, may have a bigger selection. Rush city is where the races are, but I would be surprised if there were a place anyone would want to stay there. [emoji12]

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm planning on coming if I can find someone to ride with me, I doubt my brother will leave his baby for 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suspect there would be a number of IA and other southern folks with which you could thumb a ride...