High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

do not use ethanol gas in your chain saw

treeman

New OPE Member
Local time
2:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
--save yourself a lot of money in damaged equipment, stress headaches, lost work time, etc, just do not use gas with ethanol in it. ethanol is the same as the alcohol in vodka, or any other alcohol we drink. ethanol easily mixes with water in the air and will absorb the water from the air. the water and ethanol then can settle out and oxidize metals. oxidized steel is rust. oxidized zinc and aluminum like in a chainsaw carb , will look like white powder. problem is that the metal can be lost/removed n a critical location around the jets, ports, etc, the ethanol also damages many rubber and plastic parts.

--if you get ethanol free gas from a pump that also dispenses ethanol gas-the same handle, nozel , then use at least one gallon in your car first, then put the fuel in your tank for your saws. so that you will not empty the hose full of ethanol gas into your chainsaw gas can. many gas stations have separate hoses/ nozels for different fuels. but some gas stations I go to do not.

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try not too use ethanol fuel but sometimes in a pinch you have too.
If its fresh they claim it won't hurt anything

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's actually pretty expensive here.

d.l.d

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I use 98 octane ethanol free out of the pump at a station here. Its almost 7 dollars a gallon but is worth it to me. I've had it sit in a quad for two yrs and was still good and smelled fresh. Don't ever have carb. problems in anything i own.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use 98 octane ethanol free out of the pump at a station here. Its almost 7 dollars a gallon but is worth it to me. I've had it sit in a quad for two yrs and was still good and smelled fresh. Don't ever have carb. problems in anything i own.
Consider yourself lucky, I have to get VP shipped to me in 5 gallon containers for about $15/gallon

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There is no non-ethanol gas here in Nevada. I mix only small amounts at a time and keep fresh gas in my OPE.

I have lost some rubber pump and metering diaphrams before. But this seemed to happen to saws that sat for 3/4 of a year with fuel in them.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fortunate I have a couple stations that carry 90 E free.

Ladrhog

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_0466.jpg
Gas from a roto-tiller. Guy couldn't get it started. He said he put fresh gas in it. I asked him if he drained the old out and he said no. The gas sits on top of the water. The carb was full of water. Drained and refilled with fresh non e gas and it runs like a top

super3

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Several places around me with nonE. The cheapest is 20cents over the going rate of premium E fuel.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ours is $.10 difference usually for 87.

super3

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a good price. Lotta stuff cheaper where you're at. 91 & 93 here.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a good price. Lotta stuff cheaper where you're at. 91 & 93 here.
We have a few stations that have never sold ethanol until this past year. They took out the diesel pump and added ethanol for $.10 cheaper. They have another station 1.5 miles down the road with 4 diesel pumps so I guess they wanted to attract more people for gas there.