High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Dirty Hand Tools 22 ton

weesa20

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have the 22t. Been pretty happy with it. Not so much with the 28t. I use them both in a small firewood operation and DHT took care of equipment problems longer than they had to.

Just a head's up in case you plan to add the DHT 4-way wedge system- it is only approved for straight grain soft wood and they don't tell you until after it is purchased.

W

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
12:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After the Hondas sit thru much of the winter on small equipment I pull them off and clean them up. Change oil and fresh gas.
And clean the metal contact plate on the flywheel. It is usually oxidized or flat out rusted.
That's another strong possibility. The incredible high humidity and moisture in the air and on the ground we have had this winter could easily have combined to cause this. Note that my splitter is stored outside a shed and covered, but that's not the same as indoors by any means.

Blasting a 1200 watt hair drier on the cylinder head for 10 minutes while in the sun seems to help. As soon as it starts, it runs flawlessly as if nothing was wrong.