GoldMember
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a small discussion here:
http://opeforum.com/threads/can-you-identify-this-cbn-wheel.7792/#post-422448

Because I use the tap-tap-tap method, about 5 to 7 taps per tooth depending on how bad it is, I can not tell if the cyclone makes a difference. If you sharpen like the guy in the YouTube video, then it may make a difference.

When I interned at the Forest Service, the old timers use to teach me this method of sharpening when using stone as to not overheat the tooth.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a small discussion here:
http://opeforum.com/threads/can-you-identify-this-cbn-wheel.7792/#post-422448

Because I use the tap-tap-tap method, about 5 to 7 taps per tooth depending on how bad it is, I can not tell if the cyclone makes a difference. If you sharpen like the guy in the YouTube video, then it may make a difference.

When I interned at the Forest Service, the old timers use to teach me this method of sharpening when using stone as to not overheat the tooth.
I am talking about the reversed grinding wheel....

Some guys say it's better to have a whee that spins in both directions....I never get a burr to speak of because I take so little material off...

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I am talking about the reversed grinding wheel....

Some guys say it's better to have a whee that spins in both directions....I never get a burr to speak of because I take so little material off...

I have to admit when I'm trying to resurrect a chain one of my lads has slaughtered I take off far more than I probably should, but always tap tap tap 10 times or more to never overheat the tooth. This does however leave a burr when doing far side cutters, i.e grinding out of the tooth.

Looking forward to abusing the reversing grinder on these chains