Dim Sum Sticky Rice 3 piece Mai Fun 660's

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Class 1

This class is for guys that don't want to do any machine work. Three cylinder options are available for this class. You can use either the FarmerTec , the Hyway, or the Cross top end. You are allowed to use any aftermarket rings......OEM rings are not allowed. You can use any circlips, or wrist pin bearings you deem necessary.....AM or OEM. You must use the piston, and the wrist pin that matches the cylinder that you choose.

Class 2 :

Same rules as Class 1 with these exceptions.

Machine work is allowed to the squish band, cylinder base, and piston.
Also you stated before that bridge and finger ports are allowed in class 2 just no boost ports

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
make them run raiseman chain only in class 1 lol.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now.........I have no problem with you using any piston you choose. There are probably other guys that would like to run a Meteor piston in their Asiany jug. I am one of those people.

I say we bring it to a vote.

Count me in !

In class three........it doesn't matter anyway.

So ............
Class 3 is fine to use any aftermarket piston in any aftermarket jug, the piston does not have to be from the same manufacturer as the aftermarket cylinder .................. check

Class 2: We could possibly utilize any aftermarket piston in any aftermarket cylinder for an 066/660, including big bore ............. waiting on a vote ........................ check

I might be feeling my motivation sneaking up on me ....................................

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So ............
Class 3 is fine to use any aftermarket piston in any aftermarket jug, the piston does not have to be from the same manufacturer as the aftermarket cylinder .................. check

Class 2: We could possibly utilize any aftermarket piston in any aftermarket cylinder for an 066/660, including big bore ............. waiting on a vote ........................ check

The single most important consideration I kept in my mind as I was writing the rules was cost. I hoped to keep this an extremely low budget race to attract as many people to it as possible. If, at this point, we begin changing the rules to include top ends that were disallowed when the kits were ordered.........well, that is gonna drive up the cost of being competitive.

Thoughts?

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The single most important consideration I kept in my mind as I was writing the rules was cost. I hoped to keep this an extremely low budget race to attract as many people to it as possible. If, at this point, we begin changing the rules to include top ends that were disallowed when the kits were ordered.........well, that is gonna drive up the cost of being competitive.

Thoughts?
I think a change for class 3 is in order, class 1 and 2 to remain.
I have no dog in the fight in class 3, so maybe I shouldn't comment, However, I think class 3 builders would generally be some more savvy, experienced fellers willing to accept such a minor change.
Class 3 will be won by knowledge, experience and a killer chain, not a stinking piston.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thoughts?
I've been thinking ..........
Class 2 is pretty clear, to me at least, AM jug and piston to match. Easy peasy. Not looking to change the rule

My question was regarding class 3 ............ there isnt an exception that states that one could run any piston with any AM cylinder, it just says any AM top end. Hence, my question: is any AM piston allowed in any AM cylinder (Just class 3)

Last edited:

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think a change for class 3 is in order, class 1 and 2 to remain.
I have no dog in the fight in class 3, so maybe I shouldn't comment, However, I think class 3 builders would generally be some more savvy, experienced fellers willing to accept such a minor change.
Class 3 will be won by knowledge, experience and a killer chain, not a stinking piston.
IMHO, class 3 will be won with a pipe and a good chain

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been thinking ..........
Class 2 is pretty clear, to me at least, AM jug and piston to match. Easy peasy. Not looking to change the rule

My question was regarding class 3 ............ there isnt an exception that states that one could run any piston with any AM cylinder, it just says any AM top end. Hence, my question: is any AM piston allowed in any AM cylinder (Just class 3)

Class 1 or 2 = no BB kits.......piston must be original to the jug.

Class 3 = Any AM jug or piston.