Devil With A Blue Dress.....:)

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When You see one....:) I hate hearsay. If I do, I WILL document that type of thing,and it will be all over the internet. But HAVE to back it up. SO much hearsay and out right BS said on these venue's, often to push an idea or agenda; almost have to discount anything you see or read unless there is tangible evidence or at LEAST a documentation to where its believable vs, just trusting the source regardless on how honorable they are. (WHO wants to test THAT one!!! ) BTW spinning those clones into modded territory is tempting fate for so many reasons...I know folks like the concept...just saying, wish we as a group would encourage those who would "spin them" to get OEM or at least better AM for the parts like the flywheel where failure means pain. JUST a couple of places that matters...flywheel being one. :)

I would also opine, when the issue is of that nature with potential consequences that potentially severe, a real time pic is worth fighting for, get someone else phone...:)

( In the put your money where your mouth is department, I've taken the compression route and keeping them under 13k no load on the clones.....I'll deal with crunched cranks and rod bearings vs. exploded flywheels as a risk. )

Last edited:

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
2:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well stuff like that isnt severe were i work! Just though i would point it out, just a small portion of my daily routine of random crap that happins. I work on atv, side by sides and snowmobiles so this failure is quite minor to other stuff i see.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
2:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And as tight wad as the boss is i would get in trouble taking picts of all this random crap also, i get paid by the hr and not to have my phone in my hand. I always get yelled at for anything i do, cause it cost over a dollar a minute!

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Of course the other reason claims need to be documented is there are more than a few who post stuff like that to be relevant. So again when significant failures are "reported" they need to be documented and with as little BS as possible. As the follow on discussion adds more credibility when actually no more evidence has been produced. I've dealt with more than a few situations that were "common knowledge" because of one post and they turned out to be a a situation created by completely different circumstances than the premise of the OP. SO....:) yeah.

( Was on a Facebook post where the op wanted to know if a flywheel that had a chunk busted out of the "rim" area was good to go...:) Point? Many reasons parts fail.....some obvious, some not so, and without the entire story the speculation begins. Speculation often is just another form of BS ::) )

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And as tight wad as the boss is i would get in trouble taking picts of all this random crap also, i get paid by the hr and not to have my phone in my hand. I always get yelled at for anything i do, cause it cost over a dollar a minute!
LOL your boss doesn't want any photo evidence of any kind from inside his shop that he doesn't know about, especially if there is a failure...:) I'm retired...gives a new set of rules to play by....I see something like that, its a video. LOL