Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What helps you cope?
Hey friend! I am a master plumber self-employed 35 years in Jan. and my relationship with Jesus is my source! He is always with me and never condemns me when I stumble in life. No matter what storm rages in your life be assured the when he is in the boat with you there you can have peace in amidst of it all! Just stay in the boat!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning Angelo! [emoji41]

Hi Flint
I am reading a book called The Ultra Mind Solution written by Mark Hyman M.D.
There is a lot of information about functional medicine which i find really interesting.My mother died of Altzimers , and my Dad died of depression,he fell into a dark hole after he found out about my Mom,and basically starved himself to death.
So i have been doing a bunch of reading about our brains and this is one of the books that i have read that makes a lot of sense.
In it he explains that we need to quite treating people with drugs for a disease which a bunch of different people get grouped into.Every person is unique and requires different treatment then everyone else that has been labeled with the same disease.Sometimes the treatment is simple like what you are or aren't eating.And sometimes it's a buildup of heavy metals in your system from environmental causes.
In a nutshell we are all different,and cures for what ails us are different than the guy with the same symptoms living in a different state.Most of the time the Doc's will give you a pill to mask the symptoms instead of finding the cause of the symptoms.If you have a tack in your foot and take a hand full of painkillers the pain will go away for a while.Then you need more painkillers.But if you take the tack out the pain will disappear without taking painkillers
I highly recommend the read.You might find something that works for you that doesn't require you being a doped up zombie,and back to enjoying life.
Good luck,and don't forget that there is lots of help out there ,don't be afraid to use it.

Thomas made some good points here. Dr. Hyman is a wealth of information, as is Dr. Mercola. Both have an approach that seek to remove that “invisible” tack as opposed to ignoring it and treating the pain. These tacks can be created from nutritional deficiencies, but most often they at least have an emotional (mind) component. Whenever we experience a mood shift, for the better or the worse, that happens without any perceived outside influences, it is caused by an anchor, (trigger) in our mind. It can be anything, a smile, a scowl, a smell, a taste, a color, etc...
We most often do not consciously connect our mood change with these anchors, we don’t even know they are there.
Obviously it is good to create positive anchors that lift us up, but the hard part is finding, and deleting the negative anchors that bring us down. They become so intertwined in our lives we just think it is us with the problem. The truth is we, that is our minds and body, are working perfectly with the “data” that it has and believes. When you change the data the entire mind/body shifts.
Of course we cannot just hook up an OBD2 reader to our minds and find the error codes, so it is important to find a guide. And the methods for removing this bad data are not widely known.
I have found 2 methods to be the most powerful NLP (neuro linguistic programming) and Meridian Tapping techniques.
There is a lot you can do for yourself when learning these techniques, they are actually very easy to use.
But it is always good to have a guide, sometimes we all get stuck in the box. Knowing the right questions to ask to find the problems are the tricky part.

I’m not sure where you are located @flintmitch, I’m in Connecticut, but feel free to call or text me if you wish. 8604284598.
I don’t usually answer numbers I don’t recognize so leave a message if you call.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning Angelo! [emoji41]

Thomas made some good points here. Dr. Hyman is a wealth of information, as is Dr. Mercola. Both have an approach that seek to remove that “invisible” tack as opposed to ignoring it and treating the pain. These tacks can be created from nutritional deficiencies, but most often they at least have an emotional (mind) component. Whenever we experience a mood shift, for the better or the worse, that happens without any perceived outside influences, it is caused by an anchor, (trigger) in our mind. It can be anything, a smile, a scowl, a smell, a taste, a color, etc...
We most often do not consciously connect our mood change with these anchors, we don’t even know they are there.
Obviously it is good to create positive anchors that lift us up, but the hard part is finding, and deleting the negative anchors that bring us down. They become so intertwined in our lives we just think it is us with the problem. The truth is we, that is our minds and body, are working perfectly with the “data” that it has and believes. When you change the data the entire mind/body shifts.
Of course we cannot just hook up an OBD2 reader to our minds and find the error codes, so it is important to find a guide. And the methods for removing this bad data are not widely known.
I have found 2 methods to be the most powerful NLP (neuro linguistic programming) and Meridian Tapping techniques.
There is a lot you can do for yourself when learning these techniques, they are actually very easy to use.
But it is always good to have a guide, sometimes we all get stuck in the box. Knowing the right questions to ask to find the problems are the tricky part.

I’m not sure where you are located @flintmitch, I’m in Connecticut, but feel free to call or text me if you wish. 8604284598.
I don’t usually answer numbers I don’t recognize so leave a message if you call.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan....thought this might be up your alley.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picking up a project saw or two might help to keep you busy if your stuck inside, it helps me out. Your not the only one to get feeling down in the winter I understand completely.
I like to play with anything that burns fuel and i used to be big into shooting but I don't have the funds for that currently. And honestly just don't feel like doing much most of the time. Last 6 months have been bad. I actually walked away from a pretty good paying managers job because I just couldn't handle the stress. I was lucky enough to meet a local plumber and he was needing some help but now I'm making about half what I did which is really hard for the home life

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
5:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Buy yerself a bunch of old chainsaws to get running.....I fire up the wood stove in my shop during the winter and just hang out in there after work and on weekends getting old saws running, or working on my trucks or tractor. Makes me smile every time to hear something come back to life.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I myself am a plumber for the last 20 years. I know what you mean with the stressful situations and customers. I worked in a paper mill doing maintenance for 7 years and rarely seen the light of day in the winter. I have found that if I’m busy working or doing something it distracts the mind. I have been on vitamin d for almost a year now and still notice that when we had some cloudy stretches I was getting down. Living in Minnesota and not having any snow to go do winter sports also gets me down. Just have to find things to tinker with or hobbies to keep your mind occupied.

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Probably not an appropriate post, but....

Anyone else suffer from anxiety or depression issues? I have a severe O.C.D/anxiety problem that really can get me down. I can usually work my job through it, however it seems to get really bad during the winter months. I'm currently struggling. Right now I have no health insurance but the medical attention I have received in the past was just pills, and I can't be doped up all day. I am a plumbers apprentice and deal with difficult situations and customers all day. What helps you cope? I'm just looking for alternatives. I'm fairly active out of work, but maybe a gym membership might help, although I don't have much time. I figure gathering and hand splitting 1/4+ cord every weekend and being on my feet all day should be plenty ? I'm just at a loss as of what to do. Thanks!

Hang on in there dude, you are by no means alone! I suffered for OCD since my mid-20s (I'll be 50 next year). Me and the wife, didn't notice when I was younger (cos I drunk a lot). Once kids come along, I packed up drinking, and work got more important, my OCD started getting worse and worse. It started to get harder and harder to leave the house with the whole family - I'd worry about the irons/cookers/taps dripping etc. Anything.

Basically 2 years ago - I hit a massive depressive point. Near suicidal. Wife said "you've got to see someone". I got prescribed "citalopram" (it's a SSRI and is good) and I had a hour per week sessions of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for about 4 months. My therapist helped me discover what OCD really is, and what it means for various people, remember noone is the same. I'm now miles, miles better :)

If you want to know more PM me.

:)

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
CBD oil is helpful, has been a big help to a friend of mine. If interested, pm me, we sell about 30 bottles a month.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
I've been told about this stuff but unfortunately I am not a licensed medical user so that would put me looking at illegal ways of getting it

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been told about this stuff but unfortunately I am not a licensed medical user so that would put me looking at illegal ways of getting it

There is no THC in it. And it is legal in Kansas so that mean it legal every were.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is no THC in it. And it is legal in Kansas so that mean it legal every were.
I did not know it was completely legal. Laws in Michigan are kinda relaxed anyway I guess. I'll look into that as well

chainsawjoe

I don't saw much, but when I do, LOOK OUT!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did not know it was completely legal. Laws in Michigan are kinda relaxed anyway I guess. I'll look into that as well

Ours is certified THC free, local police have ran checks to make sure, and one of my customers is married to a state trooper. Another of my customers works where they do checks and she passed the test. Just be careful of what you buy. We sell two brands, both thc free, 7 Hemp Oil, and Ultra Cell. If you want to try it, we have small bottles for a lower cost. Go to sevenchallenge.com , and learn about what it can do.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want to thank everyone for chiming in and offering your ears. You all are amazing people. I'm hoing to persue all your ideas, I figure it can't make anything worse. Very bad night and day so far. I found some charity dead fall removal on Craigslist for an elderly woman I'm about to go do. Should take most of thge day, hopefully I wear my self out enough

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Flint Mitch this weekend is a get together up north. I’m heading up there, if you swing up to midland I’ll take you the rest of the way. Meet some of us idiots that think chainsaws are really fun so that you can tell people you’re going to drive multiple states away to do the same thing and have them look at you like you’ve lost your marbles.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Flint Mitch this weekend is a get together up north. I’m heading up there, if you swing up to midland I’ll take you the rest of the way. Meet some of us idiots that think chainsaws are really fun so that you can tell people you’re going to drive multiple states away to do the same thing and have them look at you like you’ve lost your marbles.
I'd love too, unfortunately I have prior obligations today

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want to thank everyone for chiming in and offering your ears. You all are amazing people. I'm hoing to persue all your ideas, I figure it can't make anything worse. Very bad night and day so far. I found some charity dead fall removal on Craigslist for an elderly woman I'm about to go do. Should take most of thge day, hopefully I wear my self out enough

Yeah Buddy good deal.

Saw therapy is the best.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get a lot of reassurance from the fact that no matter my circumstances I know God loves me. May seem corny to some & I understand that but for me I never truly feel like I’m alone, & I am thankful for that.:)

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You’re not the only in your shoes with this one, remember that.
That ain't no Joke Roy.
Most don't realize that one of the major contributors to this issue in Michigan is a lack of sunshine. Vitamin D as well as light therapy/using full spectrum lighting should help.
It's best to get exercise and to be outdoors as much as possible as well.
Any time you have a need to run some saws your more than welcome to stop by, that goes for all y'all :).
Hope your doing well today Mitch.