Depression/ anxiety?

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably not an appropriate post, but....

Anyone else suffer from anxiety or depression issues? I have a severe O.C.D/anxiety problem that really can get me down. I can usually work my job through it, however it seems to get really bad during the winter months. I'm currently struggling. Right now I have no health insurance but the medical attention I have received in the past was just pills, and I can't be doped up all day. I am a plumbers apprentice and deal with difficult situations and customers all day. What helps you cope? I'm just looking for alternatives. I'm fairly active out of work, but maybe a gym membership might help, although I don't have much time. I figure gathering and hand splitting 1/4+ cord every weekend and being on my feet all day should be plenty ? I'm just at a loss as of what to do. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I just got off the phone with my wife as this is her field of work.
So not sure how long you have been on what the doctor prescribed but it will take a minimum 4 weeks the actively work but during that time period a copy some weird side effects.

And she seconded looking in to light therapy as something helpful too.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I just got off the phone with my wife as this is her field of work.
So not sure how long you have been on what the doctor prescribed but it will take a minimum 4 weeks the actively work but during that time period a copy some weird side effects.

And she seconded looking in to light therapy as something helpful too.
My doc actually gave up with the different drugs after a while either nothing happened or major side effects that I couldnt work through and just started giving me benzos like Xanax and valium which help to an extent but only because they knock me down. Alcohol will do the same, but I don't want to be under the influence of something all day. Night time seems to be the worst and it don't really matter what I take. I'm bound to struggle to fall/stay a sleep . It's been this way for about 5 years and gets worse every year. I'm 33 and need to be able to function to make as living

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I helps to have someone to talk to. If you ever get too down, pm me and I'll give you a buzz. I sometimes feel a little down in the winter too and believe it or not, vitamins help.
Thanks! Might take you up on that sometime

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My doc actually gave up with the different drugs after a while either nothing happened or major side effects that I couldnt work through and just started giving me benzos like Xanax and valium which help to an extent but only because they knock me down. Alcohol will do the same, but I don't want to be under the influence of something all day. Night time seems to be the worst and it don't really matter what I take. I'm bound to struggle to fall/stay a sleep . It's been this way for about 5 years and gets worse every year. I'm 33 and need to be able to function to make as living

If it seasonal I would look in to the light therapy. And I work nights so I'm up if ya want to rattle on about saws and stuff.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it seasonal I would look in to the light therapy. And I work nights so I'm up if ya want to rattle on about saws and stuff.
Thanks! It gets noticeably worse in the winter, almost like a switch gets flipped. I will look into the light thing.....

My LED's might be cheap to run but maybe bad for my health:) kinda sounds like a 20/20 investigation episode!

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Vit D is good like has been said. There’s actually lots of studies about it and everyone absorbs it at different levels. There’s also never been a case of overdosing vit D so you’re good there.

It may sound hoaky but try to meditate. Almost always it’s our brain doing it to ourselves and you need to learn to flow with that. Numbing yourself never is a solution and I’m not preaching, I too find relaxation by numbing in one way or another. But it’s not the answer.

Another thing, it ain’t easy. It’s taken you 33 yrs to become who you are so don’t expect huge changes overnight. Slow and steady wins this race And it takes determination.

You’re not the only in your shoes with this one, remember that.

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably not an appropriate post, but....

Anyone else suffer from anxiety or depression issues? I have a severe O.C.D/anxiety problem that really can get me down. I can usually work my job through it, however it seems to get really bad during the winter months. I'm currently struggling. Right now I have no health insurance but the medical attention I have received in the past was just pills, and I can't be doped up all day. I am a plumbers apprentice and deal with difficult situations and customers all day. What helps you cope? I'm just looking for alternatives. I'm fairly active out of work, but maybe a gym membership might help, although I don't have much time. I figure gathering and hand splitting 1/4+ cord every weekend and being on my feet all day should be plenty ? I'm just at a loss as of what to do. Thanks!

Hi Flint
I am reading a book called The Ultra Mind Solution written by Mark Hyman M.D.
There is a lot of information about functional medicine which i find really interesting.My mother died of Altzimers , and my Dad died of depression,he fell into a dark hole after he found out about my Mom,and basically starved himself to death.
So i have been doing a bunch of reading about our brains and this is one of the books that i have read that makes a lot of sense.
In it he explains that we need to quite treating people with drugs for a disease which a bunch of different people get grouped into.Every person is unique and requires different treatment then everyone else that has been labeled with the same disease.Sometimes the treatment is simple like what you are or aren't eating.And sometimes it's a buildup of heavy metals in your system from environmental causes.
In a nutshell we are all different,and cures for what ails us are different than the guy with the same symptoms living in a different state.Most of the time the Doc's will give you a pill to mask the symptoms instead of finding the cause of the symptoms.If you have a tack in your foot and take a hand full of painkillers the pain will go away for a while.Then you need more painkillers.But if you take the tack out the pain will disappear without taking painkillers
I highly recommend the read.You might find something that works for you that doesn't require you being a doped up zombie,and back to enjoying life.
Good luck,and don't forget that there is lots of help out there ,don't be afraid to use it.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi. There bud theres lot of us here with issues.we are a pretty good group of guys. I live in sunny fl and battle anxiety hypertension and depression at times. Im on lexapro. And atenalol now its helped alot. Its been real hard for me lately as well. As i was in a bad work accident back in july ive had 3 surgerys. Spent a month in the hospital now im home. I cant drive yet and am wheelchair bound right now. Be first of year before i can walk. As you said some days are better then others. I have found staying busy like fishing, hunting, saws ,lure making, rod building, cars, walks is the best. Im not able to do any of it now. Hell i need help with a bath and cant drive. So i feel ya its cost me friendships family issues job issues i see a counseler. At least once a month . Its been a battle for me as well sometimes i dont wanna talk to my friends and stuff. Isolation is the worst thing stay pos. And tell yourself your gonna kick its ass. That its not gonna kick your ass. Its never easy stay busy stay busy.dont let your mind wander.pm me we can talk and exchange numbers bro. Good luck im with ya trust me.

Milkman31

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You may not have the time but this is some great therapy for me and many others. I know it sound crazy but there is just something relaxing about a good hunting dog. Mountain cur!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Flint Mitch...stay as active as you can and keep your mind occupied. Lots of folks go through these spells more so in the fall/winter times, for reasons as has been stated and other reasons as well. My ordeals with what I've seen and done/been through might be a little different than most of y'alls, but the effects are the same. You need someone to talk to young man, give me a ring or text...either is fine. (478) 955-6194 cell.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picking up a project saw or two might help to keep you busy if your stuck inside, it helps me out. Your not the only one to get feeling down in the winter I understand completely.

Last edited:

chainsawjoe

I don't saw much, but when I do, LOOK OUT!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

CBD oil is helpful, has been a big help to a friend of mine. If interested, pm me, we sell about 30 bottles a month.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk