Definitive Dave Meets The Scalpel

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tore my rotater cuff (middle muscle) away from the bone .Back in my early years I was heavy into lifting workingout.Would be in the gym after work for 3to 4 hours a day was in great shape.Worked on everthing but not shoulders as much well after tearing it next day had to be at work.We had a crane going to be there to set trusses and if you weren't there you lost your job.There were 3 of us I was up on one side had to tape the arm around mid section to get job done.Went to a therapist told me needed surgery to repair muscle and said it would never be the same.I didn't have the surgery or the therapy.I did my own hardest thing about it was I couldn't lift and I was addicted to it(wierd right).I had all my strengh in the muscle in the front with no pain just could not do anything to the side.I started doing pullups and started feeling better after first few each day added 1 or 2 more after months building other muscles help it.It's been almost 20 years later when I lift arm to side I still feel it just wonder if the surgery would have been better option now that Iam older and feel it more.fWell Dave don't freaking roll over and fall asleep on that shoulder because that sucks its alot of pain.Just thought I would share a little.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ripped a rotator cuff too.

Never had surgury, and have never been the same.

How's the pain level today Dave?
I did the same thing chucking a hay bale. Pile got too high, and I wanted to launch one over & behind...Boom, no more football in the front yard with Adam. Thankfully the table had already been set, and he became a touch receiver in HS. Hard to say "I can't" when they pop the question.... GWS DAVE!

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
6:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave, day 2 is likely the hardest day pain wise, suffering from both surgery pain and the start of healing pain. After you get through today all the pain is related to healing, you just have to keep that in mind. Short term pain for long term gain. (Kind of like being without a saw while one of the masters ports it...)

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave, day 2 is likely the hardest day pain wise, suffering from both surgery pain and the start of healing pain. After you get through today all the pain is related to healing, you just have to keep that in mind. Short term pain for long term gain. (Kind of like being without a saw while one of the masters ports it...)
Very well said, I totally agree.

Hang in there Dave. It's only gonna get better from here.

Gypo Logger

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
In 04 I had a heart attack while pulling on a stubborn mainline of a skidder. It was one of the best things that happened to me.
Get well soon Dave.
John

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did the same thing chucking a hay bale. Pile got too high, and I wanted to launch one over & behind...Boom, no more football in the front yard with Adam. Thankfully the table had already been set, and he became a touch receiver in HS. Hard to say "I can't" when they pop the question.... GWS DAVE!

Two things I never will do........and both of them is to throw a ball overhand.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In 04 I had a heart attack while pulling on a stubborn mainline of a skidder. It was one of the best things that happened to me.
Get well soon Dave.
John

Explain why it was the best John?

I probably get it though. Getting too sick to frame houses anymore was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Gypo Logger

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Explain why it was the best John?

I probably get it though. Getting too sick to frame houses anymore was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Well, at the time I was only fifty and thought I was all washed up. I felt sorry for myself and took their meds for three months. They told me I'd never pick up a saw again, but I picked myself up and had the most productive year I'd ever had.
Since the heart attack I've cut at least 1200 cords, logged 100,000 board feet, drilled thousands of feet of core, built a log house, and screwed around from Oakland to Oakville.
No sense,no feeling. Lol

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
feelin half decent now, I got stupid yesterday and was thinking I didn't need the painkillers when in fact the block hadn't worn off completely, mistake!!!
slept pretty good and planning on a shower shortly, gotta keep the wrist and elbow dry until next Friday follow up where I will find out about course of rehab for shoulder, ya'll are pretty funny I must say
Dave

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Best of luck with it Dave. I separated a shoulder pretty badly when in college, and they misdiagnosed it, so it never healed quite right, but it works!

Stick with the rehab, and never believe them if they say you can't do something.

Carbine

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, at the time I was only fifty and thought I was all washed up. I felt sorry for myself and took their meds for three months. They told me I'd never pick up a saw again, but I picked myself up and had the most productive year I'd ever had.
Since the heart attack I've cut at least 1200 cords, logged 100,000 board feet, drilled thousands of feet of core, built a log house, and screwed around from Oakland to Oakville.
No sense,no feeling. Lol

I figure you've got another 75 years left at least you ornery coot