JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so im rebuilding a Jonsered 2159c. Not my first saw ive worked on but ran in to a "first". So this one came with P/C scoring. Cleaned up cylinder and replaced piston with meteor/cabers. Ran a press/vac test with my new shiny squirt gun.
Pass pressure, failed vac. Clutch side seal. All seems easy.Read a thread, Made a seal puller, out in two min. Heres my problem. When i have to order saw specific parts but there is 11 different choices for me to click on for the same model saw. My 2005 falls into every one of these titles. Im not really sure what saw i have based on certain part site ive visited. Would love clarification on how to use S/N to actually know what saws i own:D i already know how to tell year made/week made/saw#. Ill post 2 pics to help clarify were im going with this. On some of the models i clicked on there is such things as case #1 and case #2 and also crank #1 and crank #2...........TIA FOR THE HELP! IMG_5031.PNGIMG_5032.JPG

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the time, when you get right down to it, the only part that is going to be available is the updated one. Sometimes especially on the newer saws assembly's are available such as a crankcase where the crankshaft is already installed. So attention is necessary to look at what all is encapsulated by the lines on the exploded view of the parts involved.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What parts are you after? All models listed use the same part number for crank seals.
Yes crank seals and a few other smalls. I looked through all 11 models listed in the pic and seen the same part # for seals. Im good on that now thanks. But the # above the S/N is the # that i wanna learn about. It has to tell u more specifics than just year/week/ # made that week. I feel like its hiding important info on the saw.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
8:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
no, thats all that serial number tells you. Which is a hell of a lot more than a stihl serial number does without a computer database to look it up haha. The number above the serial is the part number for the entire powerhead.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
no, thats all that serial number tells you. Which is a hell of a lot more than a stihl serial number does without a computer database to look it up haha. The number above the serial is the part number for the entire powerhead.
Explain more pleez.......what do u mean the part number for the entire power head? Does it decode specifics about the saw. I just find this all very vague. Some guys ask about saws and if its before or after A certain production number or date. So there has to be high points and low points of determining what saw you have based on some sort of numbers that should be on the saw.
Like my old car has a tag under the hood that tells u model of engine, trans, carb, paint code, what plant it was made at, trim package, Etc. basically exactly what it was when it left the factory.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
like any other part #. I have 3 husky 350 carcasses and one runner here. 3 share that top #, the other is very similar. So as revisions take place (primer bulb, cat muffler version etc) they would make a minor revision, but its still a part number, that would just supercede to the new part number.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
like any other part #. I have 3 husky 350 carcasses and one runner here. 3 share that top #, the other is very similar. So as revisions take place (primer bulb, cat muffler version etc) they would make a minor revision, but its still a part number, that would just supercede to the new part number.
Dealer would say you have to install a new 2260 to fix ur problem :tiburon:
Now i get it a lil. Doesnt solve all the questions but makes more sense. So its a confusing # that basiclly tells u the same thing if u just look up the one line higher on the tag...but......so with revisions it does denote what saw u have? I guess my thing is with the EPA versions. Sounds restricted (maybe different parts) and choking down hidden power. There has to be something, or a way, or a data base, to tell u exactly what ur dealing with. For example (and i might be way off) lets say u wanted to mod or port a saw. Why would u do that to a less desireable model? Or would u even reap the benefits of the work done compared to a non EPA version. I dont know if im making sense, im just throwing thoughts out:D

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There may be more info in that part number, but i dunno what it is.