December 3rd GTG @ Mastermind's Place

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You had me at fappers. Lol

I've been as far south as Tijuana, as far north as Olympia and the only eastbound traveling was through Yellowstone and back. I'd love to have a good reason to experience the parts of this country where my family has made their name. My 6 time great grandpa is the very Daniel Boone himself. I'm basically a direct descendant. Another great grandpa who I've actually met was a town sheriff in Arkansas who had a standoff on main street with a quick draw gunslinger who was wanted dead or alive for doing a bunch of killing. Gramps took one in the shoulder right before he put that sumbitch in a box.

Last edited:

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You had me at fappers. Lol

I've been as far south as Tijuana, as far north as Olympia and the only eastbound traveling was through Yellowstone and back. I'd love to have a good reason to experience the parts of this country where my family has made their name. My 6 time great grandpa is the very Daniel Boone himself. I'm basically a direct descendant. Another great grandpa who I've actually met was a town sheriff in Arkansas who had a draw with a notorious sharpshooting gunslinger of the day. Gramps took one in the shoulder right before he put that sumbitch in a box.
Oh brother you haven't even seen the greatest part of this country yet

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Oh brother you haven't even seen the greatest part of this country yet
Have you ever been up the north Umpqua river, McKenzie river, Watson falls or many other places in the temperate rain forest on the Pac northwest? I promise you I'm not missing out on much as far as scenery goes. It's still not the entire country though. Not as many vine maple trees to make the fall all purdy. Plus I really wish we had more wild hogs to hunt for pit bbq'ing.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Have you ever been up the north Umpqua river, McKenzie river, Watson falls or many other places in the temperate rain forest on the Pac northwest? I promise you I'm not missing out on much as far as scenery goes. It's still not the entire country though. Not as many vine maple trees to make the fall all purdy. Plus I really wish we had more wild hogs to hunt for pit bbq'ing.
I have not but I've been thru the rest of the country. If I didn't live here the PNW would be my home for sure

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My friend Tracy........he's the guy that will be supplying the logs........just dropped a big limb on himself. I went to get a chunk for some videos, and the saws were sitting on the loader, but no one was around. I left him a couple of messages, and finally his son called me. He said Tracy saw the limb coming, but couldn't outrun it. It hit him on the back of the head and drove him down face first into a stump. Broke his nose, cracked his skull above his eye, and he's got a concussion. Thank God he was wearing a skull bucket.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My friend Tracy........he's the guy that will be supplying the logs........just dropped a big limb on himself. I went to get a chunk for some videos, and the saws were sitting on the loader, but no one was around. I left him a couple of messages, and finally his son called me. He said Tracy saw the limb coming, but couldn't outrun it. It hit him on the back of the head and drove him down face first into a stump. Broke his nose, cracked his skull above his eye, and he's got a concussion. Thank God he was wearing a skull bucket.
Holy *s-word

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I was going to "like" this, not about what happened but about him having enough since to wear a brain bucket.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your friend Randy. The gtg sounds like a blast. A bit far for this guy though.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure Tracy will be ok. He's a tough guy. We've been friends for decades.......and I've never known a stronger man.

Sorry to hear about your friend Randy. The gtg sounds like a blast. A bit far for this guy though.

I wish everyone could make it, but I understand completely. I've not been to any this year.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm sure Tracy will be ok. He's a tough guy. We've been friends for decades.......and I've never known a stronger man.

I wish everyone could make it, but I understand completely. I've not been to any this year.
i have NEVER been to a gtg but i would like to go and how many days will it last and what is the best time to get there.
i would hate to roll in at 6 am.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
going to half to put new chains on the saws before i leave i would hate to embarrass myself down there.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They just had something in the paper a few days ago about a guy not far from here that was involved in a lot of civic activities and was an experienced tree guy, in his 50s. He was described as the nicest guy in the world and tough as nails, but he was climbing and something went wrong and he came down express and bought the farm. So everyone be careful out there, cause when stuff goes bad it happens fast.

Randy, sorry to hear about your freind, and I wish him a speedy recovery.