High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Dcs-6421 oil pump trouble shooting

Fresch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Bought a HD saw and it isn't pumping oil correctly, just weeping, so picked up a new pump spinner on sat. Before the gtg, thanks Steve you were right I pulled the pump and could see that the old spinner did move the worm, but the new spinner needed to be threaded in compared to the old one just dropping in.
Question is trying to check the lines, saws packed with oily sawdust, using a syringe I can pump air from the line side of the pump hose going to oil tank, pump removed, and air pisses out of the little breather top right of oil tank; oil I found in pump and lines all clean/clear, so I should be good on the lines or I would see contamination, yes?
Other guestion the clutch/weights look heated, little case hardening/ blueing, some pitting on outer contact area, didn't cut with saw not oiling remember, clutch bell looks good. Before I put it back together anyone see any problems with my methods and conclusions. Run the clutch till it won't grab anymore?
Thanks ahead of time guys.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The oil flow control bolt is plastic on these and is known for wearing out. Steve probably has the control bolt parts in stock as well

Fresch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks, huskihl I'll check it as I keep cleaning before putting it back together.

Fresch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help.
Cleaned the crap out of everything, replaced spinner worm and thanks to Wilhelm having all the documentation on Dolmakitar saws put the clutch together correctly; Home Depot had new clutch put together like old clutch.
Got to try it on some pine that fell at my camp, tree broke off about 30' up and left ~ 60/70' on the ground. Have a Stihle #33rs chain on 20" bar, wow this thing cuts fast! Again thanks for the help guys.