Damn thieves

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have plans for thieves that you catch red handed, keep it to yourself... better that way.

Doesn't matter how you deal with them, if you get caught torturing, burying, etc. them, you get in trouble.

Legal means, right... what legal means? Leaves us to take care of the scum ourselves. Not a pretty sight and not really great for someone to have to do.

Wish cops would just shoot these *f-worders (ones proven to be stealing/have stolen more than once) and be done with it. Good riddance.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have plans for thieves that you catch red handed, keep it to yourself... better that way.

Doesn't matter how you deal with them, if you get caught torturing, burying, etc. them, you get in trouble.

Legal means, right... what legal means? Leaves us to take care of the scum ourselves. Not a pretty sight and not really great for someone to have to do.

Wish cops would just shoot these *f-worders (ones proven to be stealing/have stolen more than once) and be done with it. Good riddance.
I have a feeling there would be a LOT less theft if this happened. Lol.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I keep telling people they need to start a tweaker tag program.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Theft deterrent is becoming the norm these days with so many crack heads making their way out and about looking for stuff to sell/trade for their habit. Cheap and effective deterrent, set of big truck air horns plumbed in to the shop air compressor mounted facing down right over the top of the door, 24 hr around the clock deterrent , the sound/noise causes just about any thief to crap their pants right on the spot.
and will certainly alert any neighbors.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had this happen a few years ago at work. Husband & wife team. When they got busted, they had tools from power, telephone, cable, gas company tools.

About 25 years ago my close friend (one bad mofo, nobody who knew him messed with him, but a super nice guy) walked out to his truck, after shopping in a mall. There was a guy in his truck taking the custom stereo out....ruh roh. My friend started caving his face in when a woman jumped on my friends back, biting, scratching, pulling hair. My buddy was lucky she did not have a weapon. Well, he decked her too. My buddy held them down until the police came.

Long story short. It was a husband and wife team from another town, they were dressed very nice, and driving a nice car. Police told my friend they lawyered up and were going to press assault charges on my friend if he didn't drop the charges on them. So he did (drop the charges) and the thieves lived another day to rob somebody else, and my friend was left with the bill of fixing his truck.

Doesn't seem like justice to me, but my friend said it felt pretty damned good getting his pound of flesh. He messed the dude up bad and wanted to do the same to the wife but didn't. When the wife jumped on him, he was like WTF is that and where did it come from...

Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Theft deterrent is becoming the norm these days with so many crack heads making their way out and about looking for stuff to sell/trade for their habit. Cheap and effective deterrent, set of big truck air horns plumbed in to the shop air compressor mounted facing down right over the top of the door, 24 hr around the clock deterrent , the sound/noise causes just about any thief to crap their pants right on the spot.
and will certainly alert any neighbors.

What triggers the horn?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My next door neighbor is NYPD, a big guy, 6'6" + 350 lbs. He sees through a window a guy beating the crap out of a woman, so he breaks the door down and grabs the guy an pulls him off the women and restrains him in another corner.

The woman picks up a baseball bat and hits my neighbor over the back of the head with it.

You just can't make this stuff up!!!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My next door neighbor is NYPD, a big guy, 6'6" + 350 lbs. He sees through a window a guy beating the crap out of a woman, so he breaks the door down and grabs the guy an pulls him off the women and restrains him in another corner.

The woman picks up a baseball bat and hits my neighbor over the back of the head with it.

Domestic disputes are one of the most dangerous situation for LEO. My local PD has two man groups here just for that reason.

Last edited:

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What triggers the horn?
A deadman switch, placed about 1" inside the door, door strikes switch,horn goes off. Friend of mine had a sandblasting, paint and mechanical repair shop was getting hit by thieves too often, he rigged it up and it only took once to scare the hell out of the thieves. Was never hit again so we gave it a 100% rating.

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I would have just turned around put the door back up in place and let her figure the rest out on her own dumb broad. I cant stand people that don't appreciate it when someone helps them.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I got a good phone call today. My 365 and 026 are at the sheriffs department. I have to go identify by serial number (which I have printed pictures of) and by a hidden mark I made on them (also have printed pictures of) in a particular spot. Just hoping nothing is wrong with them. Sheriff said a bunch of stuff was found last week at a drug bust raided house. So far that’s the only two of mine in everything that was found. At least it’s something.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I got a good phone call today. My 365 and 026 are at the sheriffs department. I have to go identify by serial number (which I have printed pictures of) and by a hidden mark I made on them (also have printed pictures of) in a particular spot. Just hoping nothing is wrong with them. Sheriff said a bunch of stuff was found last week at a drug bust raided house. So far that’s the only two of mine in everything that was found. At least it’s something.

That's pretty good news for a Monday.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to hear your getting a couple of them back.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. Yeah I am too, now hopefully my other two will show up. I can’t go to sheriffs department and confirm or take them home till I physically show them the serial numbers match with my information. Sheriffs deputy I know said he matched the numbers I gave them so I have no doubt they’re mine. @Dub11 Yeah it is a good thing for a Monday lol. Doesn’t happen often that’s for sure. Hopefully the others will come back to me , but I really need to get off my arse and start looking for replacements. The 371 was the saw my son and I built together but the 372 was the first saw I did a full rebuild on and has no telling how many tanks through it cutting firewood for people.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. Yeah I am too, now hopefully my other two will show up. I can’t go to sheriffs department and confirm or take them home till I physically show them the serial numbers match with my information. Sheriffs deputy I know said he matched the numbers I gave them so I have no doubt they’re mine. @Dub11 Yeah it is a good thing for a Monday lol. Doesn’t happen often that’s for sure. Hopefully the others will come back to me , but I really need to get off my arse and start looking for replacements. The 371 was the saw my son and I built together but the 372 was the first saw I did a full rebuild on and has no telling how many tanks through it cutting firewood for people.
Got.me thinking I should write down some serial numbers and stuff. They'd have to get past the Shepherd to get to the Huskies though and that ain't likely.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got.me thinking I should write down some serial numbers and stuff. They'd have to get past the Shepherd to get to the Huskies though and that ain't likely.
I took pictures of my serial numbers,printed them and keepem in our gun safe. You can also hide your drivers license number on the saw somewhere. But pictures always help too.