Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Modified the muffler. I opened up the original outlet. Added another outlet to the flywheel side and used one of red97's deflectors. Just to make sure I had enough holes in the muffler for this beast to breath through it also got treated to a dual port front muffler coverimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Canadian farm boy

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The cylinder has to have some work done to it for it to fit on the 044. The pto and flywheel sides of the base need to narrowed approximately.050" each side. The bolt holes need to be slotted to match the bolt pattern of the 044. A couple of the lower cooling fins need to be removed for the cylinder to sit down and seal and the flywheel side transfer tunnel needs to be clearanced slightly to clear the flywheel. It sounds like a lot of modifying but really it isn't to bad.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Canadian farm boy

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unfortunately I don't have a lathe or any mandrels so I had to send the cylinder away to be machined.
I had .010" taken from the squish band and approximately.020" taken from the base.
Big thanks goes out to the fella that did the machine work for me. You know who you are.:beer-toast1:

Canadian farm boy

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Before I did any port work I decided I wanted to run the saw just so I could get a feel of it before and after porting.
Finished assembling the saw and installed the oem 046 piston and set the squish to .018".
In the second video I'm running my 044 hybrid and Dall's. Neither saw is ported in the video

Canadian farm boy

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the second video when I start up Dall's saw you can see the saw pull the starter handle out of my hand. Here's what a lot of compression and to much timing advance will do to your hand. image.jpeg
After its maiden run I checked the compression. 220 comp. Thats more then I was wanting. I also rechecked the flywheel key. I thought I had filed .030" from the key turns out I had taken .040". Don't know what I was thinking when I did that. Lolimage.jpeg

Big_6

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the second video when I start up Dall's saw you can see the saw pull the starter handle out of my hand. Here's what a lot of compression and to much timing advance will do to your hand. View attachment 41011
After its maiden run I checked the compression. 220 comp. Thats more then I was wanting. I also rechecked the flywheel key. I thought I had filed .030" from the key turns out I had taken .040". Don't know what I was thinking when I did that. LolView attachment 41012
Saw looks like Serious Performance!
The hand, not so much!
D handle might tame that angry saw.