High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

CYLINDER AND PARTS CLEAN UP.

Ricardo Bolio

New OPE Member
Local time
3:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi, which method of cylinder cleaning (int and ext) work for you? l have been a small engine mechanic for a while and allways strugle with carbon build up, allways got the job done but still looking for that cleaning method, easy, safe and efective. Thanks.

Trevj1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I worked in a Military Gun-Plumber's Shop for a while, doing small Arms Maintenance and repairs.

We went through CASES of Easy-Off oven cleaner. Beat scrubbing carbon off by a long shot!

dannyupsolate

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Be careful with lye on aluminum parts it can chew on them pretty hard. sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide are the ones to watch for. Some oven cleaners have this as main chemical. Oven cleaner is great for steel parts.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it's really caked on a few seconds with a carbide burr is the fastest way i get carbon out of the exhaust.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Holy Crappola Batman !...that is a fancy bit of kit !.. Beats my brush,petrol and 2 ft tray . Can you have cleaner envy ? Errrr Yes ! :D

It costs £100 a month to hire on a 12 week service plan, but I think its worth every penny. I've cleaned saws that I'd have spent hours on in a matter of minutes

customcutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What about the inside of cylinders or the top of pistons? What pressure/media/grits

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing fancy here but I’ve been soaking my stuff in diesel fuel to soften it up and about 90 percent of it will wipe/wash off and after I soak the saw itself it sprays off with the hose