PAST CT GTG 2016 May 7th

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After watching all of the these videos again at home, it is amazing to hear the different sounds of each saw. The 090 sounds like a big block motor with that low end grunt! Very cool and smooth.
The 061's and the 066's maintain those high rev's throughout the entire cut. Very impressive!
The 064 has its own different sound entirely. Maintains the revs throughout as well.
An awesome way to compare many different saws. And different engine builders tweaks. :thumbsup:

Anything to report regarding the different saw teeth grinds? They all looked as if they were just completely eating their way through that wood!
Just curious if anyone used just a completely stock chain? For comparison purposes.
Jeff, if you watch the videos where I'm cutting with the 20" bar its round filed full comp chain 3/8".
The 28" videos are 3/8" full comp sq filed
By Mike Lee.
The 36" was .404" sq filed but I'm not sure there were any videos...
My thoughts are on a large saw I liked the .404" chain, it cleared chips much better and cut as well or better. And it stays sharp way longer.
The sq filed I need to play with, Kevin gave me 2 chains and some files, Thanks Kevin!
I didn't get to directly compare sq to round so we will see...

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My thoughts are on a large saw I liked the .404" chain, it cleared chips much better and cut as well or better. And it stays sharp way longer.
The sq filed I need to play with, Kevin gave me 2 chains and some files, Thanks Kevin!
I didn't get to directly compare sq to round so we will see...

Your very welcome Sir !
Those 2 404 square chains will put a hurting on an unsuspecting saw, see if you can get used to those angles before they get too dull. Thats my normal work chain.

I have a new favorite scrench, thank you !!!

Yup! And we were so busy trying to compare saws that we spent more time switching the bar and chains than anything...
INDEED !!!
We spent more time swapping chains to saws than running saws !

I only used a gallon of fuel across all 3 saws

I wish I was still there!!!!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok.. Thanks. Do they make the same tool with a flat end instead of phillips head?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just guessing, but usually the upstate NY GTG is late April, and Dan's is in May, so as not to conflict.

But firm dates would be nice.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I take the Mustang, I sometimes don't have room left in the passenger seat, but I can always take the Escape if you want to car pool, and we will have plenty of room! I'm just a few minutes off I-84.