High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Creating a listing for a classic saw

Scott Laflamme

Active OPE Member
Local time
12:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What is the best way to market a used classic saw? What should my ad include to interest buyers? Also, does anyone know of a classic saw price guide?

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
no price guide as such but plenty of smart guys to help out.
describe as best you can including running condition and any known problems and take lots of good clear pictures outside in indirect sunlight if possible, a slightly overcast day is best, great true color with no glare
top dollar may be on Ebay but get some expert opinions first, if it is uber rare you might get competing bids that drive up the price but not all old saws are classic, some are just....old
the better the original condition the more money it will fetch, don't restore anything unless you are a recognized expert on the saw you are restoring, it will LOWER the Value, there are a very few guys who do restoration that raises the value and all else is better left original
Brand and model play a part in value but are not the be all end all of chainsaw value
there are relatively few saws that truly command top dollar, such that they are worth $1000.00 or more in any condition and fewer still, guys who will take on a really rough and pricey project.

Post a few pics and questions in the chainsaw forum or read the threads a bit and send a conversation to a few members that seem to know whats going on.
feel free to give me some general info about what you have to sell and I will direct you to some experts either here or elsewhere if that is merited, I already bought a nice saw this week so I am not personally on the prowl :)
Dave

vfdsrcVet

OPE Member
Local time
9:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
By the way, can I ask you for a permission for transplant amp_r10 kernel modules?
Yes I know I act like a leech, but I have so much ability as you.