User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Max RPM is dictated by several factors -

What lubrication source the bearing operates in
Expected shock loading and side loading
Cage type
Number and spacing of ball or roller bearings

You'll find that most bearings have a higher max RPM range when operating in an oil-bath environment, as opposed to
being sealed with grease. The ZZ rated Nachi bearings max RPM is 18k on grease and 21k in an oil bath environment (the crankcase
of a modern saw qualifies as an "oil bath"). All of the major brands (Nachi, SNR/NTN, SKF, Fafnir, KBC, slacker, Timken) make a
quality product and have been a supplier to the major OEMs at one point.

Where the bearings are made is generally more important. I've seen SKF bearings made in Turkey, Portugal, and Argentina.
Those made in Portugal and Argentina appeared to be a higher quality product than those made in Turkey. SKF is a long
time supplier to Stihl and SKF bearings appear in all of the larger professional model Stihl saws. KBC has bearings made in
South Korea, Taiwan, and China - with those made in South Korea and Taiwan being a better product.

Read the spec sheets put out by the manufacturers - they contain a ton of information.

Attachments

• deepgroove_onlinefinal.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 13

racerjohnbf

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I think it all makes sense now lol. Are these what I need?....

TWO NEW NACHI 6202-2NSE9 C3

15MM ID X 35MM OD X 11MM WIDE DOUBLE RUBBER
SEALED ELECTRIC MOTOR QUALITY BEARING
MADE IN JAPAN
"SHORENUTZ" IS AND HAS BEEN A AUTHORIZED STOCKING NACHI DISTRIBUTOR
SINCE 1980

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the Stihls all I've ever used were OEM .The McCullochs which almost never go bad it's usually something salvaged from box parts .The rest of them,Poulan,Homelite and Husqvarna all I've ever done was change a few seals .

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having worked in plant /mechanical engineering for thirty years, I would never go to the machine builder for replacement rolling element bearings. Not when the same damn thing is available ‘cross town at one of the industrial supply houses. And, likely on their shelf for immediate delivery.

How you folks can get your panties in a knot over OEM is beyond me.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it all makes sense now lol. Are these what I need?....

TWO NEW NACHI 6202-2NSE9 C3

15MM ID X 35MM OD X 11MM WIDE DOUBLE RUBBER
SEALED ELECTRIC MOTOR QUALITY BEARING
MADE IN JAPAN
"SHORENUTZ" IS AND HAS BEEN A AUTHORIZED STOCKING NACHI DISTRIBUTOR
SINCE 1980
Those will be fine. Unless you only ever plan to rebuild those two or three saws I would buy in bulk and save a few bucks. Ten or twenty at a time can be had much cheaper.

racerjohnbf

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those will be fine. Unless you only ever plan to rebuild those two or three saws I would buy in bulk and save a few bucks. Ten or twenty at a time can be had much cheaper.
I was considering buying a ten pack. Is this a pretty common size bearing among other saws also?

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
67L36Driver, I totally agree as all you got purchase is the same spec'd bearings. Last year the customer insisted on me using Cub Cadet bearing for spindle repairs until I showed just how he was going to pay in excess for the exact same LM 11949 bearings. Cub Cadet was wanting about as much as a complete spindle just for two bearings and seals. Even me selling at what the local auto parts store was selling them I was still making nearly 200% profit on them @ $8.95 per bearing and cup set. Cub was wanting $20 per bearing and $20 per cup and that was my cost.

Sometime we are lucky enough to be able to remove some of the middle men. Then of course we got Stihl that owns Zama rights that are barring Zama from selling to us via the Zama distributor so they can price gouge us. Just yesterday I had to price a carburetor kit for a hedger. Last year the kit was under $7 from my distributor but now the local dealer (which Stihl now requires us to buy from) wanted $24 plus $20 shipping charge. I consider this just plain highway robbery.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the time you can find generic carb rebuild kits rather than be pirated at a Stihl dealer .Keep in mind Stihl is a German company and BS such as this is their hall mark .Also keep in mind they lost two world wars .< that was my retort to smart aleck Germans representing machine tool builders for the automobile industry who boasted just a tad too much .:aplastao: