Cover you eyes

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
3:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always wear them when trimming my brass while reloading and when installing primers..
They say it's near impossible to pop off a primer if doing it correctly, but still, one never knows.

Just 1 small red spot left, my eye is almost back to looking normal and feels completely normal.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a piece of steel in my eye Friday. Of all things got it unwrapping my parts from the sandblaster. They use steel shot for media and when i tore the wrapping of one of the parts some media got in my face. Goes to show if you are doing anything remotely close to anything to where you need safety wear, wear it! Was not fun being awake while they ground that out of my eye with a medical dremel.

20190304_083625.jpg

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sucks Steve. I assume they got it out without further issue?

I have also had a piece of metal ground from my eye.
It is not fun.
Same eye I just whacked last weekend in fact.

Back when it happened, I had a serious phobia of things near my eyes. I couldn't even put in eye drops.
I waited 3 days before finally going in because of it, hoping it would come out on it's own.
I recall that there were a few people required to hold my head still and eye open during the grinding process.

Later when my eyesight got worse, I was so dead set on not wearing glasses all day I got contacts.
That very first day I spent 2 hours getting them into my eyes. (I'm stubborn..)
Now, I can take them out and put them in without even requiring a mirror.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry. Can't like that. Hope you are doing better.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry. Can't like that. Hope you are doing better.

You can like the picture! Got to admit, that was pretty cool how they found it!

I had to have my wife pick me up from work tonight and take me to get my eye cream. Its worse now. Its been 8 hours since they ground it out and havent had any medication yet. Just going to get a shower before i stick my nasty fingers in my eye to apply the medicine.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work at for a company that makes farm implament.

One day I was sliding under a unit to show an engineer how he messed up a design and something that felt like a eyelash falling my right eye. Turned out to be a piece of hardened steel shaving from grinding that was cupped. When it got into my eye, the cupped end dug in. And just scratched my eyelid like crazy and pivited like a hinge. It hurt like crazy. Sometimes the glasses need to be goggles!

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've always been bad about wearing eye protection... I have still have a piece of debris in my right eye from a grinding incident from years ago while wearing protective glasses. I see a little black dot very near the center of vision. One would think that would be enough motivation to wear them more diligently. Alas still I do not wear them as often as I should.