jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That mc101 is an alcoholic and he didn't warm it up enough before his first cut, his second cut was ridiculous. I think it was the fifth competitor from the beginning who had the fastest saw there. That was TJ running Kevin Dunnivan's alcohol burning 3120. It would have been about a 6 second cut if the chain didn't puke on a handful of chips.

I saw that piped 3120 in Larry's shop last year- it's pretty cool. It has a newer Tillotson alky carb on it- maybe a 366a. They may not have warmed it up enough either because on the first cut you could hear it starving for fuel. I saw Phil's saw shop banner but Phil and his son in law weren't there- so TJ must have been flying Phil's colors. Phil has a 3120 that's pretty wild with an 090 top end on it.

I missed the second cut on the Mac but I was curious as to his running an air filter on it. I think just a rock guard would have worked better.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I saw that piped 3120 in Larry's shop last year- it's pretty cool. It has a newer Tillotson alky carb on it- maybe a 366a. They may not have warmed it up enough either because on the first cut you could hear it starving for fuel. I saw Phil's saw shop banner but Phil and his son in law weren't there- so TJ must have been flying Phil's colors. Phil has a 3120 that's pretty wild with an 090 top end on it.

I missed the second cut on the Mac but I was curious as to his running an air filter on it. I think just a rock guard would have worked better.
I really like the look of those chromed rock guards. It would compliment it very well.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So this elderly couple with a 4 year old grandson from San Francisco are traveling up through Oregon on their vacation. No particular plans to speak of, they were just on a nice drive to enjoy what the journey would bring their way. They were planning their adventure for this last Saturday and allowed their grandson to make the choice. Out of all the little festivals, fairs, and wherever else a 4 year might like, he made his decision the moment they mentioned lumberjack show. They were sitting in the stands behind us and we were very fortunate to meet them and hear their story.
Well, it turns out that little 4yo enthusiast talked grandpa into volunteering to step out and take the challenge at the non competitor event for a $100.
He was the first of the three competitors to go and was the one who walked away with a crisp new $100 bill for his grandson.

It would be hard to find a croud of people with bigger smiles on their faces.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this elderly couple with a 4 year old grandson from San Francisco are traveling up through Oregon on their vacation. No particular plans to speak of, they were just on a nice drive to enjoy what the journey would bring their way. They were planning their adventure for this last Saturday and allowed their grandson to make the choice. Out of all the little festivals, fairs, and wherever else a 4 year might like, he made his decision the moment they mentioned lumberjack show. They were sitting in the stands behind us and we were very fortunate to meet them and hear their story.
Well, it turns out that little 4yo enthusiast talked grandpa into volunteering to step out and take the challenge at the non competitor event for a $100.
He was the first of the three competitors to go and was the one who walked away with a crisp new $100 bill for his grandson.

Great story!! Love to hear about stuff like that happening!!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I watched that guy- it was really cool and he made a great run. The announcer did a great job of pointing out his grandson and making a show of it.

Heffalump

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Love it!!!!!

And +1 on the shirt.