High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Cottage Grove Lumberjack Show Video

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
8:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The Western Oregon Exposition will be holding the Gene Campbell Memorial Lumberjack Show this Saturday the 19th at the Cottage Grove fairgrounds. The event starts at 10am. It will be a one day only event this year.

So far I've been told there will be open modified hotsaw class for the bike motor saws. Cold start three cuts.

Another class will be open modified chainsaw. Basically anything, any size, any fuel, any muffler or pipe, that started life as an actual chainsaw will preform a hot start one cut on 22" Doug Fir. No restrictions, no surprises.

There will be a stock saw big log buck competition. I believe there will also be a stock saw money race with the big log. The stock saws will be provided.

There was a great turnout last year and it was a lot of fun. The organizers had a late start this year due to a serious health problem which led some to believe it might not happen this year.

Here's a link to the website..
https://festivalnet.com/69395/Cotta...als/Western-Oregon-Exposition-Lumberjack-Show

Last edited:

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Are you going to be running in any events? I know Adam Artzer and Adam Clarke made it last year. I haven't heard yet if they plan to go this year.
Yes I plan on competing in the modified chainsaw class. I still need to figure out which saw I'm entering. I'll likely get in on the stock big log bucking as long as I'm not the first one in line. Lol

I really hope those guys can make it and that there is a big turnout. These smaller events need the big names to attend.

Last edited:

Heffalump

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Are you bringing the P-62 "Cartoon Saw?" :D

Wish I could make it buddy, neighbor just had a logger* drop 20+ trees on his property and I'm gonna be helping him try to un-pile the mess this weekend. Winching, skidding, limbing, etc.

Biggest is 36" at the stump, 70yr old fir. For my troubles, I'll be getting a stick off that guy and a stick off a 32" maple for milling.

Good luck at the races!!!!! I expect video!!!!! ;)

* (Neighbor used the term "logger." I think it was more of a part-time arborist, but whatever. Neighbor paid the dude, and the dude safely felled the timber.)

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Are you bringing the P-62 "Cartoon Saw?" :D

Wish I could make it buddy, neighbor just had a logger* drop 20+ trees on his property and I'm gonna be helping him try to un-pile the mess this weekend. Winching, skidding, limbing, etc.

Biggest is 36" at the stump, 70yr old fir. For my troubles, I'll be getting a stick off that guy and a stick off a 32" maple for milling.

Good luck at the races!!!!! I expect video!!!!! ;)

* (Neighbor used the term "logger." I think it was more of a part-time arborist, but whatever. Neighbor paid the dude, and the dude safely felled the timber.)
I'm thinking I might run the 066/394 hybrid. There's gong to be some very fast saws there so I better pack a serious lunch. I'm not running nitro or alcohol so it'll be a real challenge.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would be there but it my wife goes in for surgery Friday. She was so sweet about it, "It's okay Hun, you can go if you want to." I know better than that, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope the surgery goes well and she has a fast recovery.

Heffalump

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would be there but it my wife goes in for surgery Friday. She was so sweet about it, "It's okay Hun, you can go if you want to." I know better than that, lol.
e721ecea208b384f92e2c422ac06ea5d--its-a-trap-meme-meme-center.jpg

Seriously though, speedy recovery!

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd love to make the trip there. About an hour and a half away. Going to be splitting and delivering wood for my sons football team fundraiser though.
Fundraiser was supposed to happen last weekend...but logs got dropped off a week or so late.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here are a few video clips of competitors from the years past..

Big log buck stock saw

5 cube

6 cube

Open modified

Open hotsaw (FF to the 2 minute mark)

Hopefully the 5 and 6 cube events will be back next year. 14" fir logs are used for those classes.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well here's a video of the show almost in its entirety. While the pre race meeting was taking place the event organizer found out most of the competitors brought 6 cube saws, so a 6 cube stock appearing class was added to the menu.
The V-8 saw was a real hoot. I'd like to see em do some noodling with it. Lol

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How did you do Jim?
Those bike hot saws and V8 saws were cool.
Thanks for sharing.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a good time and the announcer did a great job. The piped Mac ran pretty good but was slow to clean up in the cut- I think the pipe is a 100cc KT pipe for the kart engines and the Mac motor is 122cc. The one piped 3120 was built by Larry Horner (who was there) and ran good. The piped 084 you see early in the video sounded great. The stock appearing 088 really surprised me. Jim's 066/394 hybrid sounded awesome in person.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It was a good time and the announcer did a great job. The piped Mac ran pretty good but was slow to clean up in the cut- I think the pipe is a 100cc KT pipe for the kart engines and the Mac motor is 122cc. The one piped 3120 was built by Larry Horner (who was there) and ran good. The piped 084 you see early in the video sounded great. The stock appearing 088 really surprised me. Jim's 066/394 hybrid sounded awesome in person.
That mc101 is an alcoholic and he didn't warm it up enough before his first cut, his second cut was ridiculous. I think it was the fifth competitor from the beginning who had the fastest saw there. That was TJ running Kevin Dunnivan's alcohol burning 3120. It would have been about a 6 second cut if the chain didn't puke on a handful of chips.