High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Comical Firewood Outing

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
12:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Well, I finally put some sticks on the ground Saturday after not having been able to cut wood for the last 5-6 months. Between post-operative back pain from 3 additional compromised discs, wet weather and two children heavily engaged in sports, it just wasn't in the cards. I finally made some time and decided to run out to a friend's ranch and cut some non-Hedge firewood as I have plenty of Hedge available in a 5 mile radius form my driveway, but my city customers aren't equipped for it. They like to burn various Oaks, Mulberry, Locust, Hackberry, Red Elm and Walnut.

A few wonderful friends from church and Dad decided to accompany me and provide additional trailers, saws, a FEL tractor :pesas: and additional hands. I caught a bit of hell from the boss for missing our Son's football game but it had to be done.

In the process, we got caught in 3 separate downpours, and intermittent soft rain, I somehow lost the muffler bolts out of my Stumpbroke 372xp, but shut it down (hopefully) before anything bad happened, and discovered that the ignition switch in my MMWS Dolmar 9010 ISN'T waterproof. The smaller saws and Dad's MMWS 346xp and 262xp carried the day. The funniest part was after the bolts backed out of the 372 and the 9010 then wouldn't start (after running fine in the barn that morning) I was standing there pissed, soaked and generally not in the best of moods. After a short open conversation with the Lord, I then found 2nd gear out of sheer will, grit and anger and finished the remaining 2 trees of interest with the 262, which BTW @Mastermind - you ain't getting that one back, it's a dandy. Though it is a PITA to start when it hasn't been run in months... It was probably just reticent towards e for not having been run in awhile!

Long story short, my friends and Dad had a good laugh at my expense and got to witness my grittier side. We filled a 20+5' GN and 18+2 car hauler with roughly 2-3 cords (maybe more) of Red Oak, White Oak, Honey Locust and Walnut and nothing was injured beyond my pride...

Now to finish bucking everything up from the 36" and 48" lengths that we hauled out and then fire up the Super Split Special Edition and have some quality play time!!!

Pics will follow later.

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I finally put some sticks on the ground Saturday after not having been able to cut wood for the last 5-6 months. Between post-operative back pain from 3 additional compromised discs, wet weather and two children heavily engaged in sports, it just wasn't in the cards. I finally made some time and decided to run out to a friend's ranch and cut some non-Hedge firewood as I have plenty of Hedge available in a 5 mile radius form my driveway, but my city customers aren't equipped for it. They like to burn various Oaks, Mulberry, Locust, Hackberry, Red Elm and Walnut.

A few wonderful friends from church and Dad decided to accompany me and provide additional trailers, saws, a FEL tractor :pesas: and additional hands. I caught a bit of hell from the boss for missing our Son's football game but it had to be done.

In the process, we got caught in 3 separate downpours, and intermittent soft rain, I somehow lost the bolts out of my Stumpbroke 372xp, but shut it down (hopefully) before anything bad happened, and discovered that the ignition switch in my MMWS Dolmar 9010 ISN'T waterproof. The smaller saws and Dad's MMWS 346xp and 262xp carried the day. The funniest part was after the bolts backed out of the 372 and the 9010 then wouldn't start (after running fine in the barn that morning) I was standing there pissed, soaked and generally not in the best of moods. After a short open conversation with the Lord, I then found 2nd gear out of sheer will, grit and anger and finished the remaining 2 trees of interest with the 262, which BTW @Mastermind - you ain't getting that one back, it's a dandy. Though it is a PITA to start when it hasn't been run in months... It was probably just reticent towards e for not having been run in awhile!

Long story short, my friends and Dad had a good laugh at my expense and got to witness my grittier side. We filled a 20+5' GN and 18+2 car hauler with roughly 2-3 cords (maybe more) of Red Oak, White Oak, Honey Locust and Walnut and nothing was injured beyond my pride...

Now to finish bucking everything up from the 36" and 48" lengths that we hauled out and then fire up the Super Split Special Edition and have some quality play time!!!

Pics will follow later.
Good to hear from ya.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

In the process, we got caught in 3 separate downpours, and intermittent soft rain, I somehow lost the bolts out of my Stumpbroke 372xp, but shut it down (hopefully) before anything bad happened, and discovered that the ignition switch in my MMWS Dolmar 9010 ISN'T waterproof. The smaller saws and Dad's MMWS 346xp and 262xp carried the day. The funniest part was after the bolts backed out of the 372 and the 9010 then wouldn't start (after running fine in the barn that morning) I was standing there pissed, soaked and generally not in the best of moods. After a short open conversation with the Lord, I then found 2nd gear out of sheer will, grit and anger and finished the remaining 2 trees of interest with the 262, which BTW @Mastermind - you ain't getting that one back, it's a dandy. Though it is a PITA to start when it hasn't been run in months... It was probably just reticent towards e for not having been run in awhile!

Pics will follow later.

36 - 48" lengths.

No wonder you have a bad back. LOL

I'm just glad you were able to get out and make chips my friend. :)

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
FWIW, the wood pictured above came out to slightly over two cords, bucked to an honest 24" length.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
1:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
He's my buddy and is rarely out of sight when I'm working outside. Unless the mail man comes by...
Thats cool they are family my dog now gos with me fishin and everytime i fo to lowes or home depot.she rides to school with wife and kid everyday.i had alab growin up that my dad took to work eveyday building custom homes.she knew when break time lunch time was in fact around 4 p.m. shed load in truck and be waiting to go home without bein called.shed bring a block of wood every once in a while and want you to throw it for her.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm missing something here... When did Dall leave? I was gone for awhile myself, but it was due to a lack of time...

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
1:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
He left for fhc, when the trolls came, he is still there, I am picking up his slack now. Someone needed to call these trolls out