Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So in the mini-drama of the NY GTG, Bret's Habadda Habadda Dolmar 7900 Special had narrowly squeaked out victories over my MMWS 084.
Being a paragon of fairness Josh called out for a tie-breaker of sorts (even though I lost both of the first two contest) the legendary Cold Start.
I had pantomimed a cold start alone in my back yard at the cant and decided it would be less difficult to actually jog to Pamplona and run with the bulls.
I of course agreed to this contest and felt semi confident that I wouldn't suck too much despite my inexperience

BEHOLD!!

Afterwards little children asked me for their money back even though admission was free.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A couple more badass saws from NY

this first little monster is crazy fast 35cc efco or some such with a cadillac fin tuned pipe making short work of a 14" x 14" cant with only a 14" bar!!

@jeepsnchainsaws broke out the MS070 and stuck it's thundering might into the big log.
As I am watching i hear something interesting fire up behind me and turn the camera to see @cuttinscott blaze through the 14" cant with a Dolmar 115si alky hotrod in no time flat, he has to kill it with a thumb over the intake :), I turn back around to catch Josh finish off the cut in the big boy :)
Two very different kinds of muscle and both definitely badass.

Last edited:

spencerpaving

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So in the mini-drama of the NY GTG, Bret's Habadda Habadda Dolmar 7900 Special had narrowly squeaked out victories over my MMWS 084.
Being a paragon of fairness Josh called out for a tie-breaker of sorts (even though I lost both of the first two contest) the legendary Cold Start.
I had pantomimed a cold start alone in my back yard at the cant and decided it would be less difficult to actually jog to Pamplona and run with the bulls.
I of course agreed to this contest and felt semi confident that I wouldn't suck too much despite my inexperience

BEHOLD!!

Afterwards little children asked me for their money back even though admission was free.
Oh my!...did that really happen?....on the bright side you were a lot faster to the saw than I was....just turn the switch on next time:confused:

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh my!...did that really happen?....on the bright side you were a lot faster to the saw than I was....just turn the switch on next time:confused:

If you stop the video after like a half second there is a moment in time where I am farmer-starting my saw and yours is properly pinned to the ground for a cold start and in that instant it looks for all the world like I have a great chance....and then it all comes tumbling down :eek::D:p

There is always next year (and October)

do you do classes dave?
I teach cold start fundamentals M-W-F at 9:30, Advanced Yogo Techniques for Sloths T-TH at 10:00 and Pipe Saw Proven Practices on Sat at 11:00

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
1:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag