Close Call for an inexperienced feller

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm always safety conscious when cutting, especially alone.
This has compelled me to watch as many successful as well as close call video's
and testimonies that I can get a hold of.

This video is a powerful lesson in clearing your work area, having an exit plan,
proper PPE and the use of wedges.
This guy was beyond blessed or lucky (if you believe in luck) to live another day
and a classic an example of what NOT to do!

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you click on the pic and then expand to full screen?

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
Local time
4:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah that was pretty ugly. He obviously didn't have plan and paid for it (could have been worse). I wonder if he is still able to have children?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This video is a powerful lesson in clearing your work area, having an exit plan,
This guy was beyond blessed or lucky (if you believe in luck) to live another day
[/QUOTE

When I played around and quoted your post, and ended up with this Facebook group, not really sure which vid you linked to, ? The land rover pulling the tree ?
This link
https://m.facebook.com/groups/873567752686538/

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It doesnt do anything when I tap on the pic.
Android phone.
I'm on my computer at home and if I click on the picture a video will pop up but it is small, so I had to click on "expand" and I got the full sized video - so it works for me, but it is a strange way to post a video.

The saw operator drops a big tree onto another downed tree that he has straddled and he takes a really hard shot to the jewels from the trunk of the downed tree - hard enough to lift him off his feet and send him falling. Obviously there is some pain involved in the aftermath.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm on my computer at home and if I click on the picture a video will pop up but it is small, so I had to click on "expand" and I got the full sized video - so it works for me, but it is a strange way to post a video.

The saw operator drops a big tree onto another downed tree that he has straddled and he takes a really hard shot to the jewels from the trunk of the downed tree - hard enough to lift him off his feet and send him falling. Obviously there is some pain involved in the aftermath.
I saw that on Facebook. The poor guy gets elevated 3-4 foot off the ground while straddling a log when the tree falls on the log hes straddling. Definitely unintended consequences.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Best I could do studs with the antiquated resources available to me.
Glad everybody was able to see it.
Perhaps he sings "high tenor or soprano" :thumbsup:these days, but @ least he's not a goner! :angel2::lily:

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yes sir...Had to Hurt!:eek::ambulance:

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Even having a clean area would help yes but just bucking the tree out instead of leaving tree length would of taken care of that issue. I’m not standing on any high horse here but there’s times you can’t have a picture perfect area to fall timber, if I’m tree lengthing stuff and there’s any chance of something that happening I’ll buck it out. Another thing to point out a good excuse for a wrap he exited of what I’d call the low side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penguin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah that was pretty ugly. He obviously didn't have plan and paid for it (could have been worse). I wonder if he is still able to have children?

I wonder the same thing. Good heavens that looked painful. Lucky the saw was thrown away from him in the fall, he seemed to have a little throttle going at the time of impact.

He made some mistakes. I try to learn from all of them that I see. Won't bash him though as I've gotten through unscathed at times in spite of myself.

Will

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a title to you video so I can access it through you tube perhaps? I can’t get it.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The totally oblivious woman and her sloping back cut. Scary.

https://www.videoman.gr/en/130853
I don’t know how I landed on this thread. But that is the scariest frickin thing I have seen. This woman is inch’s from losing her head, and acts like a fool. Whoever set her up for that and gave her the saw is guilty of a crime almost certainly.