High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Clone ms440 thing that I've ran into and fixed.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK I've worked on a lot of stihl ms440s and 044s but only had the opportunity to build four of the clone ms440s and everyone of them so far but my first one had the same problems to me the problems are no big deal first thing is fuel filters are junk we all know that and second the tank vent junk we all know that to and the carbs are a hit and miss why well this is what I gathered they use two different carbs for there kit's I'll post picks after I get finished with my jabbering. Lol. And on all the clone ms440 kits had the same problem of ones you start putting the air box on and filter base I noticed that with the bad carb throttle safety button would stay down and chokes would not work worth a darn or would work but really hard to get it to engage so the pictures of the carbs is one they use that is good and the other is yuck And on the safety switch the throttle the picture of that I'm showing where you need to sand a little bit so it will pop up when you remove your hand. IMG_20190104_091534.jpg this one is the good carb. Has the brons butterfly shafts. IMG_20190104_091600.jpg this one nope good paper wait. IMG_20190104_093017.jpg where the pin tip is pointing is where you need to sand a little bit just take a little bit at a time.IMG_20190104_092613.jpgand of course the oem Stihl filters have a new look to. Lol. Because the black and white ones where crap hummmm wonder why. Lol. But I hope that this will help some of fellas out. :beer-toast1:

timberjack90

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have built 3 myself and had all same issues but no carb problems, except all three the crankshafts the big rod bearing failed with in 4 and 5 tanks, but the replacement visually diffent are holding up to being ported hybrids with 200 plus psi

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve always been curious about these. My favorite firewood saw is a 440. Not pretty but it’s always in the truck and runs the most. I may tackle one of these. Possibly with a few OEM parts during construction. Thanks for the tips!

timberjack90

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yeah I put a .25 inch nut under the big dimpled washer helps alot with felt vibration or use stihl 460 washer for the upper mount

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
8:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
and of course the oem Stihl filters have a new look to. Lol. Because the black and white ones where crap hummmm wonder why.
The new orange filters have a finer micron filtering material. The old black and white ones let too much crap through is why.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new orange filters have a finer micron filtering material. The old black and white ones let too much crap through is why.
Yep I've changed to the orange filters in my Saw's and others I work on I like the new filters I'm glad Stihl did that.