Clickbait Ads

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are they anywhere else besides the bottom of the screen?
Not for me just the bottom right corner but it's a big pain when you're typing then it blocks off a good amount of wat your typing which makes it difficult to see how much mistakes you make on your spelling which is not good for me can't spell worth a darn. Lol

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another good reason to use Tapatalk. I have not seen the first add like yall are talking about! Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't like pop up ads (although as I write this one big one just popped up dammit!) they slow the page, get in the way & are just annoying. But I get this place is not just a service to us, its a business that needs to generate income for its survival. That's a juggling act for sure but we get the feeling one of 'us' is in our corner fighting for what we like about the place & gibs a chit. Thanks monkey-boss-man!

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll pay $30 a year as a paid membership to ope Randy. You could make the forum add free for those that run the paid membership.

You can do membership in bronze(30), silver(60), and gold(90), and maybe every so often offer a lifetime membership to individuals you see fit. Give us members forum privileges that only paid members have.

And of course those that don't want to pay membership view as it is now.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll pay $30 a year as a paid membership to ope Randy. You could make the forum add free for those that run the paid membership.

You can do membership in bronze(30), silver(60), and gold(90), and maybe every so often offer a lifetime membership to individuals you see fit. Give us members forum privileges that only paid members have.

And of course those that don't want to pay membership view as it is now.

I just herd the cats.....

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just herd the cats.....

I don't know what that means, cats are dog food in my world. :D

Hey I'm just spit balling by the bon fire having an ice cold curs

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

Don't mess with that McDonalds guy.

The bottom ads don't get in the way at all. the side panel pop out does. It blocks the type box.

Last edited:
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yay!!

I second @mettee for “memberships”. I think $10 a year is a more feasible price. The information shared here is invaluable and worth much, much more. But, a higher ‘fee’ can and will drive off contributing members. I try to do the majority of my parts shopping through site sponsors, which will continue regardless of a membership. I don’t know what a website like this actually costs to build, manage and maintain; so I can’t speak to the required income to support it. I would love it to continue as a free site, but it is obvious that the site owner requires more site income to keep it up. Catch 22 I suppose.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yay!!

I second @mettee for “memberships”. I think $10 a year is a more feasible price. The information shared here is invaluable and worth much, much more. But, a higher ‘fee’ can and will drive off contributing members. I try to do the majority of my parts shopping through site sponsors, which will continue regardless of a membership. I don’t know what a website like this actually costs to build, manage and maintain; so I can’t speak to the required income to support it. I would love it to continue as a free site, but it is obvious that the site owner requires more site income to keep it up. Catch 22 I suppose.

Attracting new members with a paid fee would be hard to do. Too many other places that are free....

What is doable is to attract more site sponsors. That just takes time....