huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
9:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You might be able to follow the standard M-Tronic re-set (like that applicable to the 661). I don't know the procedure
myself but I think @Mastermind or @huskihl might know it.

I got toenail fungus older than you guys...
Nope I never had a reason to so I didn’t mess with it

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never noticed it doing anything abnormal. It ran perfectly stock and adjusted fine after porting.

All the same saw. XS is after porting

Sounds rich in the last video, when out of the cut. Hard to tell for sure without a good piss rev. It was hauling ass in the cut so I see no problem.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought Dan did some type of reset on his after he messed with timing and it didnt like it?
@AlfA01

I just ran the dog snot out of it until it got back to where I liked it. Probably the five long bucking cuts should normalize it.

Thanks, I will see if the dealer can do anything.

How many tanks have you put through it? These are no where near broken in until after at least 10-15 liters of fuel. It will just keep getting stronger the more you run it.

Try it with the original front ex. plate also. These saws build some excess heat due to the muffler design. That quirky canted inner baffle may be a little close to the flat plate to flow well.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would be very careful with the dealer thing. Stihl told my dealer here which is a friend of mine to get him my serial number if he could cause there not to be here yet. Of course he didn't give to them. He said rep threatened to take his dealership if he walked in an seen one there. So my guess that's what would happen to Dan's dealer if it got traced back to them. If buddies with dealer you might be ok. Just my 2 cents.....

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
6:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would be very careful with the dealer thing. Stihl told my dealer here which is a friend of mine to get him my serial number if he could cause there not to be here yet. Of course he didn't give to them. He said rep threatened to take his dealership if he walked in an seen one there. So my guess that's what would happen to Dan's dealer if it got traced back to them. If buddies with dealer you might be ok. Just my 2 cents.....
Yep, true fact. At just the mere question to my area rep and head tech about parts to convert a 661 to adjustable carb at the shop were i worked was a breach of contract and could end up costing the dealer its license

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure other saw manufacturers will pick up the slack if they wont deal with Americans, sheesh.

Enjoying the post, it is a world I've never seen.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I just ran the dog snot out of it until it got back to where I liked it. Probably the five long bucking cuts should normalize it.

How many tanks have you put through it? These are no where near broken in until after at least 10-15 liters of fuel. It will just keep getting stronger the more you run it.

Try it with the original front ex. plate also. These saws build some excess heat due to the muffler design. That quirky canted inner baffle may be a little close to the flat plate to flow well.
About ten tanks. In the video, I have the original faceplate back on. That was almost one tank in that video. It is burning a lot of fuel.
I will assume the saw is normal for now. I won’t go to the saw shop. It is so weird that it burns so much fuel. But, I will see if it improves. Thanks for the help.