jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The saw handles a 32 much better then the 462on the stump, but the 462 handles a 32 much better in The AV department. I don't know what is wrong with it tho it just runs way to rich. We are hoping someone knows something it is just not running correctly

Does Dan have the software at the shop to do a re-set on it?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am not sure if he does or not

They may not have gotten him the software for it yet. He said it took about six weeks for them to get him the module for the 661 when it came out.

Once he's up and running with the control module, he can likely re-set it and change the fuel curve.

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They may not have gotten him the software for it yet. He said it took about six weeks for them to get him the module for the 661 when it came out.

Once he's up and running with the control module, he can likely re-set it and change the fuel curve.
I don't think he will since it is not available here yet

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The saw handles a 32 much better then the 462on the stump, but the 462 handles a 32 much better in The AV department. I don't know what is wrong with it tho it just runs way to rich. We are hoping someone knows something it is just not running correctly
Given the size of Stihl worldwide you would think the new 500i which is kinda Stihl's flagship pro saw that they would offer different AV springs in the IPL. May be worth checking the IPL. They have done so on other large pro saws in the past that had rubber AV. It would make sense given this saw will be run with 18-36" bars and be used across the globe in varying conditions. Hope you get it running well.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Given the size of Stihl worldwide you would think the new 500i which is kinda Stihl's flagship pro saw that they would offer different AV springs in the IPL. May be worth checking the IPL. They have done so on other large pro saws in the past that had rubber AV. It would make sense given this saw will be run with 18-36" bars and be used across the globe in varying conditions. Hope you get it running well.
That’s what I am hoping for as well. I have a 2020 Stihl price sheet for America, and it shows a 500i r model. Hopefully that will have a little bit better springs. I can certainly live with it the way the springs are now, however. I can’t live with it the way it is running though. If it was running correctly, I would really be enjoying the saw.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@huskihl do you have any clue what could cause it to run like that?
How many hours are on it? I’ve heard from a few different sources that it takes some time to get through the break-in period and then supposedly they start running a little better. I can’t confirm that though

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does it feel like it is running too rich in the wood or just with no load at WOT?

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How many hours are on it? I’ve heard from a few different sources that it takes some time to get through the break-in period and then supposedly they start running a little better. I can’t confirm that though
It has had almost 10 tanks through it, and compared to the 661, it is burning more fuel. I thought it might be what you stated, but something just isn’t right, especially in that second video. It is running way richer than an mtronic saw. We tached it, and when you hold it WOT, it was only going to 10-11k rpm sometimes. It seems like most videos I have seen of it running, it consistently hits the rev-limiter, and this one is not.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Does it feel like it is running too rich in the wood or just with no load at WOT?
It seems a little rich in the cut, but it clears up when dogged into those bigger trees. But when cutting brush, or small trees, the top-end is not there. It’s not hitting a rev-limiter. It’s 4-stroking and running excessively rich.

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems a little rich in the cut, but it clears up when dogged into those bigger trees. But when cutting brush, or small trees, the top-end is not there. It’s not hitting a rev-limiter. It’s 4-stroking and running excessively rich.
Just lean out the high side a quarter turn.....:rolleyes:

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
sucks your having issue's with a new saw.