CLEARCUT meets the 500i

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read a little while ago that they were being recalled for fuel line ruptures and causing fires. Dont shoot the messenger lol. Just putting out what I read.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That was on the MS 461 and GS 461 were the fuel hose was not routed correctly and could get pinched and damaged. I`ve nothing heared about a fire. The recall was because it was a possible saftey issue.

Also if some of you say the MS 500i is running so rich. It`s possible that they are a little on the rich side. (Normally machines are tuned at the factory to lamda 0.9) But there are also the exhaust gas regulations valid like for every other model, too. So I`m sure it is not too rich against the law. And I`m sure they don`t do it like Volkswagen and others with software tricks.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was on the MS 461 and GS 461 were the fuel hose was not routed correctly and could get pinched and damaged. I`ve nothing heared about a fire. The recall was because it was a possible saftey issue.

Also if some of you say the MS 500i is running so rich. It`s possible that they are a little on the rich side. (Normally machines are tuned at the factory to lamda 0.9) But there are also the exhaust gas regulations valid like for every other model, too. So I`m sure it is not too rich against the law. And I`m sure they don`t do it like Volkswagen and others with software tricks.
Great to know

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It is possible that the porting was not compatible with the operating system. (What the saw needed to run right were not within the parameters)
It could be, but it was acting the same stock. I never cut wood with it bone stock, only muffler modded. But a mild muffler mod when I had the stock faceplate on.

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
5:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does it still have the front port muffler? Maybe try the flat stock oem muffler cover back on it with a opened stock port. It might be too much muffler outlet for the saw, it could think it has a airleak and be fattening up. Just guessing here... it would cost you 0$ to try it.
It runs just as rich as it did stock

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
8:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just did a timing advance seems to have helped things out quite a bit :). I will get a video tomorrow
Timing advance also affects fuel timing on these I believe. Might create weird stuff. Just a FYI. Hope you can get it straightened out

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
8:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just did a timing advance seems to have helped things out quite a bit :). I will get a video tomorrow
Did you raise the intake floor when you ported it? Idk if it would help your problem or not. It ain’t like a carb saw. Fuel is getting injected whether the piston is open or not

traffic903

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fuel is getting injected whether the piston is open or not

Exactly!! At full rpms that injector cannot open and close fast enough for each stroke so it would only close every 2nd, 3rd, ??th stroke. I did read the specs somewhere which stated the effective injection rate, but it is safe to say it is not 230 times per second!

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes that`s right.

Nohoff stated in the past:

"No chance as the ECU looks for acceleration/deacceleration of the crank to determine the correct time for the ignition. The flywheel key is only for the first start to start the calibration procedure."

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
1:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
All the vids I have seen of these saws show them rich. Perhaps not as rich as this particular one though?
Hers a crazy idea that could work if it doesn't have a limp mode in the saw?
Could a guy override the fuel flow with a inline valve. If it would work then you could run it out too a accessible spot for fast adjustments in accordance with the activity ahead? It can't go rich if it doesn't have the supply.

The right saw always needs improvements in a few areas.
I know I can mod that brake handle but can I make it smooth out on the peek?