High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Cleaning crud from inside a carby

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a question Iam working on a couple of saws at the moment a MS250C and an 029 super. My question is does anyone have a good method to remove crap built up inside the carb I have tried soaking in brake cleaner,ultrasonic cleaner ,was wondering if anyone has boiled there carbs in water on the stove with a little detergent. Any help would be greatly appreciated other than replacing the carbs.I haven't hit it with any air as I don't want to damage the check valve.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
For me, brake cleaner or carb cleaner usually does a good job. Use the USC with Simple Green when needed.

Good on you for remembering to not use air.
I never use air on a carby period ,I can't get fuel through the entire circuit it's in poor shape bad gas left in saw no luck with detergent in USC even after a couple of hours

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
A aerosol carb cleaner in the galleries will flush out crud after a decent squirt and sealed in a bag for a while if you dont have Utra sonics. I use this ...

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 13.23.51.png

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I never use air on a carby period ,I can't get fuel through the entire circuit it's in poor shape bad gas left in saw no luck with detergent in USC even after a couple of hours
In the right part of a carb ..when taken apart ...air is fine. A...the right pressure...B.. not through a check valve. You check pop off with a vac /pressure pump remember .

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Carb cleaner and compressed air. Take the adjustment screws out, put the little spray extension thingy on the carb cleaner and for lack of better words....stick it in the adjustment hole(This is gonna go bad) and hammer carb cleaner through them. That'll spray fluid through all the jets. Works every time for me. Then use the air to dry the carb off.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A aerosol carb cleaner in the galleries will flush out crud after a decent squirt and sealed in a bag for a while if you dont have Utra sonics. I use this ...

View attachment 53882
Todd if you can find this Wurth product where you are at give it a try.Wurth products are all top notch.