Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
11:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, opening the transferrs where they flow the most and making them flat at the top, while raising the exhaust to increase blowdown and raising the intake to trap even more ..........

Do you think the circle crank or the 288 piston is making this one run so well ?

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
10:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So, opening the transferrs where they flow the most and making them flat at the top, while raising the exhaust to increase blowdown and raising the intake to trap even more ..........

Do you think the circle crank or the 288 piston is making this one run so well ?
I haven't taken advantage of the 288 piston yet so I'm thinking it's all velocity.
It's as strong if not stronger than a ported saw completely stock. It does have compression but that's all. The carb still has the limiter caps. Lol

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The main advantage of the extra skirt width, is the ability to go wider with the intake and exhaust port. Adding fingers will not hinder that, plus the single ring, gapped over the intake port allows both a very wide exhaust, and nice deep, wide fingers.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
11:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The main advantage of the extra skirt width, is the ability to go wider with the intake and exhaust port. Adding fingers will not hinder that, plus the single ring, gapped over the intake port allows both a very wide exhaust, and nice deep, wide fingers.

This is 80 and as wide as I was willing to go for ring support with a 288 piston. I suppose I could have gone further at the bottom. I could have gone further without the fingers and Im now wondering if fingers was a good idea with this piston.image.jpeg

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm gonna put a few tanks through it tomorrow to limber things up then do some grinding.

How wide of a exhaust have you guys gotten away with?