drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did the machine work for Deets on the base and band.

His port work on this jug is second to none. Better than anything I could grind. It looks factory, perfect bevels and bead blasted and smoothed ports.

It's no suprise it runs as well as it does. Throttle response looks incredible.

Whoever receives this Saw will be happy. A lot of work went into this Saw and it shows.

Great job Deetsy.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a zama and a lathe. Anybody found out how much is too much?
Did you see CFB's 036 thread?

He's running the 038M bing on his and the saw has a lot of zip to it, better than the Zama.

The Venturi is actually smaller than the stock Zama's. We spoke about it and think that there may be a difference in fuel delivery at "in the cut" rpm.

I just got an 038 Zama in off eBay. Venturi the same as the 036 carb, so don't waste your money there, I did that for you.

@Deets066, if you have the time, can you swap a stock 036/034S carb on this Saw and see if there is any difference in speed and/or idle quality?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you see CFB's 036 thread?

He's running the 038M bing on his and the saw has a lot of zip to it, better than the Zama.

The Venturi is actually smaller than the stock Zama's. We spoke about it and think that there may be a difference in fuel delivery at "in the cut" rpm.

I just got an 038 Zama in off eBay. Venturi the same as the 036 carb, so don't waste your money there, I did that for you.

@Deets066, if you have the time, can you swap a stock 036/034S carb on this Saw and see if there is any difference in speed and/or idle quality?
Yeah I can throw the tilly on there, I do also have a 38 carb as you said above. The Venturi may be the same but the fuel circuits are different. I'm gunna try that one out too

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whooee this is one stinky squeel :)

Sure sounded good, can't wait to run it. Great meeting you tonight Deets. Thank you for the shop tour as well.
Stihls are good boot anchors I hear... you should have put it in the back of the truck to help weight it down for more traction

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihls are good boot anchors I hear... you should have put it in the back of the truck to help weight it down for more traction

Lol, echo made it all the way from mi smell free. Put the squeel in, had the windows down the first 20 miles...

Glad I didn't need any more weight for the trip. Smooth sailing the whole way.